NVivo is software that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. It’s designed to help you organize, analyze and find insights in unstructured, or qualitative data like: interviews, open-ended survey responses, articles, social media and web content.
NVivo can deeply analyse your data using powerful search, query and visualization tools, help you uncover subtle connections, add your insights and ideas as you work, rigorously justify findings, and effortlessly share your work.
For more information visit the supplier's (QSR) website at www.qsrinternational.com
NVivo 12 Plus desktop version is now available to install on all centrally managed staff machines.
- Open the Software Center.
- Windows 7: Find by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Software Center.
- For Windows 10: Find by going to Start, Windows Accessories, Software Center or by searching for it in the search box at the bottom of the Start menu.
- Under Applications find NVivo 12 Plus.
- Click Install
- Wait until all required parts are installed and the Status in Software Center has changed to "Installed" (please be patient as this install can take up to 40 minutes)
- You can now find an icon for QSR NVivo 12 in your Start Menu.
Unsupported PCs and Home use
On unsupported PCs and for home use, staff and students in the UK and Dubai can download Nvivo 12 from the QSR NVivo Website
- Download the software from https://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-qualitative-data-analysis-software/support-services/nvivo-downloads and install it as per the instructions on the web site
- Logon to TOPdesk at https://hwu.topdesk.net/ then select SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS > SOFTWARE > NVIVO SOFTWARE REQUEST FOR HOME USE
Or Print and sign the Home Use Rights Acknowledgement form (see document at the base of this page) and email a scanned signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the licence code when prompted to do so by the NVivo software