Degree Entry (Foundation) Programme Engineering / Computing
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
This programme is designed to provide students with a pathway into an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Computing at the Dubai Campus. It is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will help students to bridge the gap between their school qualifications and the demands of a university degree.
Students who complete the programme successfully will be able to progress directly into the first year of their chosen degree programme.
The programme will help students to develop their subject knowledge whilst providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills, academic English, and assessment and examination techniques.
Upon successful completion of this DEP, students will be eligible to progress to one of the following programmes, all of which are offered at the Dubai Campus:
- BEng (Hons) Architectural Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Robotics, Autonomous and Interactive Systems
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Data Science)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Software Engineering)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Systems
- BSc (Hons) Computer Systems (Computer Games Programming)
- BSc (Hons) Data Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Statistical Data Science
Students starting the programme in January should note that it lasts for 2 semesters running from January to June.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Heriot-Watt University is sustaining its reputation as the best university in the UAE. With that, I believe I can easily find a job in the software architect field.
Students study the following subjects:
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Entry Physics. (Prospective Chemical Engineering students will study Entry Chemistry instead).
- Entry Mathematics
Students are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams and must attain a minimum overall grade of B (60%) in each course to ensure guaranteed transfer onto the undergraduate programmes listed above.
- British GCE/IGCSE Four Cs (4s)
- Indian CBSE/HSSC or equivalent Case-by-case basis
- UAE Tawjihiyya Case-by-case basis
- US American High School Diploma Case-by-case basis
- Africa WASSC (WAEC/NECO) Five C6s
- Philippine High School Case-by-case basis
- National Curriculum Russian / Kazakhstan (Attestat) Grades of 3
- IB – MYP year 11 Grades of 4
- IBCP - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Pass + SL grades of 4 or IGCSE grades of C (4)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma – Pass
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – Pass
All of the above require mandatory subjects in Maths, English and Physics/Chemistry.
To find out more about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to email@example.com
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving IELTS 5.5 in each category.
Fees and funding
- AED 44100*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.