Thesis submission and examination
Before submitting your thesis to the Student Service Centre, you must follow the correct procedures which are contained in the following documents. Please note that the Student Service Centre will be unable to accept your thesis if the correct procedures, relating to the submission and format of your thesis, have not been followed.
Guidance on the presentation and submission of your thesis
There are a number of important information documents you should read before submitting your thesis.
- Summary of Procedures for the Submission of a Postgraduate Research Thesis
- Guidelines on the Submission and Format of Thesis
- Schedule of Dates for the Submission of Thesis
You will find a list of the documents required prior to and during the submission of your temporary theses below.
- Submission of Thesis Title and Recommendation for Appointment of Examiners Form (to be completed by the Primary Supervisor only)
- Research Thesis Submission (this must be bound into each copy of the thesis)
- Submission of Thesis Declaration form by Supervisor (to be completed by the Primary Supervisor only)
- Request for Limited Access to Thesis form (Optional)
- Confidentiality Agreement (if required)
You will find a list of the documents required during the submission of your final theses below.
- Internal Examiners Declaration Form (to be completed by the Internal Examiner)
- Abstract of Thesis form (for Library purposes)
- E-thesis submission form (forms CD-ROM sleeve) (further information available in Guidelines on Submission of E-Theses on a CD-ROM )
Other useful documents:
Deadline dates for thesis submission
|Last date for submission of thesis title||Friday 8th August 2014|
|Last date for recommendations for appointment of external and internal examiners||Friday 8th August 2014|
|Last date for submission of three copies of thesis prior to examination||Friday 12th September 2014*|
|Last date for receipt of external and internal examiners' reports||Friday 10th October 2014**
|Last date for receipt of bound presentation theses including the internal examiners declaration form and e-thesis|
* Two weeks earlier if examiners are required to sign a confidentiality agreement in advance of reviewing the thesis
** For Postgraduate Studies Committee on 22nd October 2014
When Academic Registry has accepted your temporary bound thesis, it will then be sent to your approved Internal Examiner and External Examiner(s). You will be informed of your viva date by your School or Institute. After the viva takes place the Internal Examiner and External Examiner(s) send their reports to the Academic Registry. These reports then go to the Postgraduate Studies Committee and the Examiners’ decision is considered for approval.