Visas and immigration
Our International Student Advisors are here to help you with any aspect of applying for a visa or your queries around immigration.
On these pages you will find detailed information on applying for a variety of visas and help with visa and passport issues.
New Tier 4 application form from 01 February 2016
- A new form for Tier 4 applicants and dependants applying for visas inside the UK has now been released. The previous form has now been decommissioned and all applications must be made using the new online application. For further guidance and instructions please refer to the 'Applying inside the UK' section of our website.
Changes to Immigration Rules from 03 August 2015
- The additional periods of leave before the course start date and after the course end date will be included, and no longer disregarded, when calculating whether a student exceeds the limits on periods of Tier 4 (General) and Student leave.
Changes to Immigration Rules from 12 November 2015
- The mainatance requirement increases to £1015 per month for main applicants and £680 per month for dependants.
- ''Established presence in the UK' is abolished so anyone applying on or after 12 November must have the full amount required. The exception to this is for DES applicants who are still required to show only two months' worth of funds. '
- The maximum amount that can be deducted for accommodation from maintenance increases to £1,265.
- The time cap on below degree level courses will be reduced from 3 years to 2.
- Those who wish to apply for Tier 4 (General) leave to remain (in the UK) must have or have last been sponsored by a UK recognised body or body in receipt of public funding as an HEI, or by an overseas HEI to take a short-term study abroad programme in the UK or by an embedded college offering pathway courses (not including not pre-sessional courses). This means that a student who most recently studied at a publicly-funded FE college, cannot apply in the UK to move from an FE college to a university. Instead they will need to leave the UK in order to apply for entry clearance to return.
- Rules regarding those permitted to apply to extend their visa from inside the UK have changed. If you have changed course, and now need to extend your visa (either to continue, or to begin a new course) you may be required to apply from outside of the UK. Please contact ISAO for further information.