BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Promotion
- UCAS code
- 4 years
- Scottish Borders
- Delivery type
This programme offers a combination of fashion communication, marketing, branding and management that is specifically tailored for the demands of the fashion industry.
Fashion Branding and Promotion is a new programme for 2021, a combination of fashion communication, fashion marketing, branding and management. Students develops skills to establish careers in the areas of branding, promotion and advertising, styling and marketing. The programme offers a combination of courses that enable strong design and analytical skills specifically tailored for the demands of the fashion industry:
- A brand new programme developed to meet the fashion industry's need for professionals who have a full understanding of the commercial aspects of the sector as well as creative design skills.
- Underpinned by hard skills of photography, 3D design, developing branding strategies and marketing plans.
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry on live projects with high end industry brands.
- Excellent facilities including maker labs, photography studio, design suite and fashion and textiles workshops.
The course is taught in our Scottish Borders Campus, which sits close to the heart of Scotland's luxury textile industry. This is your chance to study in an area that's home to some of the UK's top design and production facilities for textiles and fashion.
Find out more about what this unique course has to offer on our School pages.
This course is currently only delivered at our Scottish Borders Campus and there are no current opportunities to study at exchange partner institutions.
However, other Go Global opportunities may be available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Focuses on initial design and marketing skills, preparing the student with the fundamentals of skills such as photography, design thinking, and introductions to branding and marketing strategy.
• Rethinking Design 1: Discover and Define
• Rethinking Design 2: Develop and Deliver
• Introduction to Communication Design
• Fashion Marketing and Management
• Introduction to Photography
The second year builds upon these fundamentals by introducing specialist topics such as Consumer Behaviours and Advertising. This is supplemented with creative courses in digital film/media, typography and graphics.
• Consumer Behaviour and Visual Merchandising
• Creative Digital Media, Moving Image and Film
• Promotion and Advertising
• Typography and Graphic Communication
Students develop critical reflection and analysis skills and work on projects in Fashion Styling, Enterprise and Innovation, Events Management, and Visual Merchandising.
• Enterprise and Innovation for Design
• Fashion Writing
• Fashion Styling and Image Making
• Critical and Contextual Studies 3
• Events Management
• Visual Merchandising and Packaging
The focus of the honours year is a research project chosen by the student. Many final year students collaborate with industry partners to solve a real world problem or examine a topical industry development.
• Honours Project
• Global Fashion Management
• Digital Marketing
• Product and Publication
Discover Uni course data
Discover Uni provides data on each university's degree courses across a range of measures including student satisfaction, graduate jobs and salaries.
Work and study
This is what our BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Promotion students are doing 15 months after graduating:
- 76% are working
- 5% are studying
- 8% are working and studying.
- The average salary of students 15 months after graduating: £19000
- The average UK salary of students 15 months after graduating from a similar course: £21000
Potential career paths
- Design occupations
- Managers, directors and senior officials
Standard entry requirements
- Highers ABBB (including English)
- A-Levels BCC
- Int. Baccalaureate 29 points
- BTEC DMM (in a relevant area)
Minimum entry requirements*
- Highers BBBC (including English)
- A-Levels BCC
* Minimum: under our Fair Access Policy, we will relax our standard entry requirements for some Scottish students depending on their circumstances. Our minimum requirements will apply if you:
- live in an area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20), or
- are care experienced.
We can also make exceptions for some Scottish students with grades above minimum but below standard. Read more about our Minimum and standard entry requirements
- HNC B in graded unit (in a relevant HNC)
- BTEC DMM (in relevant subject)
- For all years, applications are welcomed from holders of non-school qualifications, mature candidates and overseas students.
- If you do not see your qualifications here please contact us at email@example.com
- Please check that you meet our University-wide National 5/GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths requirements.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, you have to show that your English is good enough to succeed on your course. Please see our English language requirements.
|Status*||Scotland||England / Wales / N Ireland / Rep of Ireland||International**|
|Fee||Paid by SAAS||£9,250||£17,320|
* Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
** 'International' includes applicants from European Union countries who do not hold Pre-Settled or Settled status in UK. (This does not include students from the Republic of Ireland - see above). Read more about the application process for EU nationals.
You may incur additional costs in the course of your studies at Heriot-Watt over and above tuition fees in an academic year. Depending on your programme of study, these may include: protective equipment, field trips, professional memberships, studio fees, required course texts or other study resources.
Scholarships and bursaries
Bursaries for students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales
In addition to government loans and grants towards the costs of fees and living costs, we are offering generous financial support to attract and support eligible undergraduate students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales:
- Heriot-Watt University Bursary (up to £3,100 per year)
View our full range of undergraduate scholarships.