- UCAS code
- 4 years
- Scottish Borders
- Delivery type
This programme offers a combination of fashion communication, marketing, branding and management that is specifically tailored for the demands of the fashion industry.
Fashion Branding and Promotion is a new programme for 2021, a combination of fashion communication, fashion marketing, branding and management. Students develops skills to establish careers in the areas of branding, promotion and advertising, styling and marketing. The programme offers a combination of courses that enable strong design and analytical skills specifically tailored for the demands of the fashion industry:
- A brand new programme developed to meet the fashion industry’s need for professionals who have a full understanding of the commercial aspects of the sector as well as creative design skills.
- Underpinned by hard skills of photography, 3D design, developing branding strategies and marketing plans.
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry on live projects with high end industry brands.
- Excellent facilities including maker labs, photography studio, design suite and fashion and textiles workshops.
The course is taught in our Scottish Borders Campus, which sits close to the heart of Scotland’s luxury textile industry. This is your chance to study in an area that’s home to some of the UK’s top design and production facilities for textiles and fashion.
Find out more about what this unique course has to offer on our School pages.
At our Scottish Borders Campus we have put measures in place to ensure our students Stay Safe, Study Safe, Live Safe and Travel Safe.
Focuses on initial design and marketing skills, preparing the student with the fundamentals of skills such as photography, design thinking, and introductions to branding and marketing strategy.
The second year builds upon these fundamentals by introducing specialist topics such as Consumer Behaviours, and Advertising. This is supplemented with creative courses in digital film/media, typography and graphics.
Students develop critical reflection and analysis skills and work on projects in Fashion Styling, Enterprise and Innovation, Events Management and Visual Merchandising.
The focus of the honours year is a research project chosen by the student. Many final year students collaborate with industry partners to solve a real world problem or examine a topical industry development.
Discover Uni course data
Discover Uni provides data on each university's degree courses across a range of measures including student satisfaction, graduate jobs and salaries.
Standard entry requirements
- Highers ABBB (including English)
- A-Levels BCC
- Int. Baccalaureate 29 points
- BTEC DMM (in a relevant area)
Minimum entry requirements*
- Highers BBBC (including English)
- A-Levels BCC
* Minimum: under our Fair Access Policy, we will relax our standard entry requirements for some Scottish students depending on their circumstances. Our minimum requirements will apply if you:
- live in an area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20), or
- are care experienced.
We can also make exceptions for some Scottish students with grades above minimum but below standard. Read more about our Minimum and standard entry requirements
- HNC A in graded unit (in a relevant HNC)
- BTEC DMM (in relevant subject)
- HND A in graded unit (in relevant HND)
- For all years, applications are welcomed from holders of non-school qualifications, mature candidates and overseas students.
- If you do not see your qualifications here please contact us at email@example.com
- Please check that you meet our University-wide National 5/GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths requirements.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, you have to show that your English is good enough to succeed on your course. Please see our English language requirements.
|Status*||Scotland||England / Wales / N Ireland / Rep of Ireland**||International***|
|Fee||Paid by SAAS||£9,250||£15,384|
* Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
** 'Rest of the UK' (RUK) and Republic of Ireland students entering at Level 1 receive a fee waiver of one year's tuition fee. Normally this will be the final year, or a year during which students study abroad (either at a partnership institution, or at one of Heriot-Watt's overseas campuses).
*** 'International' includes applicants from European Union countries who do not hold Pre-Settled or Settled status in UK. (This does not include students from the Republic of Ireland - see above). Read more about the application process for EU nationals.
4 years for the price of 3
If you live in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, study with us and save £9,250 over your 4-year degree.
You may incur additional costs in the course of your studies at Heriot-Watt over and above tuition fees in an academic year. Depending on your programme of study, these may include: protective equipment, field trips, professional memberships, studio fees, required course texts or other study resources.
Scholarships and bursaries
Bursaries for students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales starting undergraduate degree courses in 2021
In addition to government loans and grants towards the costs of fees and living costs, we are offering generous financial support to attract and support eligible students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales:
View our full range of undergraduate scholarships.