The programme examines the disruption caused by the world's fourth industrial revolution. With emerging technological breakthroughs in the fields of artificial intelligence, robotics, the Internet of Things, autonomous vehicles and drones, smart materials and many more, the role of design and innovation in digital media and technology is critical in generating solutions and advancing society.
In addition, students will learn hard skills that are in high demand across the digital sector. These skills include coding, digital imagery design, moving image and motion graphic design, digital brand strategy, user interface design and UX design.
The masters includes live industry projects with design-led companies, and the option of international travel to trade and industry shows.
My classes have really enabled me to explore various avenues of design such as digital placemaking, the design and creation of apps or websites as well as exploring various technologies such as augmented and virtual reality, drones, and GIS.
- Creative Programming
- Digital Laboratory 1 - Design and innovation
- Design Thinking and Innovation
- Design Technologies
- Digital Laboratory 2 - Enterprise
- User Experience Design
- Final project and report
You should hold a good honours degree or equivalent, preferably in a creative subject area though relevant work experience in an appropriate industry will also be considered. A basic digital literacy is also required.
- Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
- Fee per course (module). Refer to the Course Content to see how many courses comprise the full programme.
- Overseas includes applications from European Union countries who do not hold Pre-Settled or Settled status in the UK. Read more about the application process for EU nationals.
Scholarships and bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.
View our full range of postgraduate scholarships.