MA (Hons) International Business Management (Accelerated)
Heriot-Watt University has been ranked 1st in Scotland for Management in the National Student Survey 2021, measuring overall satisfaction with student experience on our MA (Hons) International Business Management degrees.
Business Management at Heriot-Watt University's Edinburgh Business School was ranked 3rd in Scotland and top 10 in the UK in the Guardian University League Tables 2018.
This accelerated degree, MA (Hons) International Business Management, puts specialist business theory through a real-world filter. It develops the knowledge and interpersonal skills you will need to thrive in the positions, organisations and industries of the future. Our respected faculty use their industry experience and research-led knowledge to bring courses to life with a dynamic mix of lectures, tutorials, interactive workshops and case study-informed learning.
As your studies progress through Years 1, 2 and 3 of this accelerated MA (Hons) programme you will study an increasing number of specialist business management courses. In addition to specialist business knowledge, you will develop important transferable skills, such as: critical thinking, problem solving, communication and team working, as well as creativity, confidence and research abilities – these skills will help you succeed in your career and personal life.
The Edinburgh Business School approach
An industry-focus is built into every course on this degree to ensure that your studies reflect current thinking and practices of successful organisations and their leaders. Our courses are brought to life with case study-driven assignments, applied group projects and guest lectures from industry leaders. For example, the presentation series Edinburgh Business School Presents gives you the chance to attend regular guest lectures from CEOs and Directors of national and multinational organisations who share their vast experience across key areas of business.
The Professional Development Track
The Professional Development Track (PDT) is our suite of practice-focussed courses that run through this degree and prepare you to add real value to your employer as soon as you graduate. On our PDT courses, you will learn how to analyse, report, present and consult in a professional way, and learn about the real-world contexts in which global business operates. These courses have been designed in response to the needs of practitioners and employers who told us what they are looking for in graduating students. By building-in the requirements of industry, the PDT allows graduates to hit the ground running with the attributes, skillsets and practical knowledge that future employers value.
- Human Resource Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management.
- Enterprise: Concepts and Issues
- Business Skills
- Global Strategic Marketing
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management
- Critical Approaches to Management
- Business Research Methods
- Dissertation 1
- International Business
- Strategy Execution
- Dissertation 2
Discover Uni course data
Discover Uni provides data on each university's degree courses across a range of measures including student satisfaction, graduate jobs and salaries.
Work and study
This is what our MA (Hons) International Business Management (Accelerated) students are doing 15 months after graduating:
- 78% are working
- 1% are studying
- 9% are working and studying.
- The average salary of students 15 months after graduating: £25000
- The average UK salary of students 15 months after graduating from a similar course: £25000
Potential career paths
- Finance Professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- A-Levels ABB - AAA including one of the following: Accountancy, Business, Economics, Maths.
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) DDD in relevant subject (Business related subjects preferred).
- Advanced Highers BB including one of the following: Accounting, Business, Economics or Maths plus AABB at Higher for entry to Year 2.
- Int. Baccalaureate Diploma Programme 34 points with Higher Level Business at 5.
- HNC Pass in Business with A in graded unit.
- HND Pass in Business with BB in graded units
We operate contextual admissions defined by our Fair Access Policy which may mean entry requirements are flexible. We accept a wide range of other qualifications from the UK, Europe and International countries. Please contact the Admissions Officer for the programme for further information on the entry requirements for these.
Not applicable for Year 2 entry - accelerated degree
Not applicable for Year 3 entry - accelerated degree
|Status*||Scotland||England / Wales / N Ireland / Rep of Ireland||International**|
|Fee||Paid by SAAS||£9,250||£19,744|
* Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
** 'International' includes applicants from European Union countries who do not hold Pre-Settled or Settled status in UK. (This does not include students from the Republic of Ireland - see above). Read more about the application process for EU nationals.
You may incur additional costs in the course of your studies at Heriot-Watt over and above tuition fees in an academic year. Depending on your programme of study, these may include: protective equipment, field trips, professional memberships, studio fees, required course texts or other study resources.
Please note - As this is an accelerated degree, we will not offer 4 years for the price of 3.
Scholarships and bursaries
Bursaries for students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales
In addition to government loans and grants towards the costs of fees and living costs, we are offering generous financial support to attract and support eligible undergraduate students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales:
- Heriot-Watt University Bursary (up to £3,100 per year)
View our full range of undergraduate scholarships.