- Full-time, Part-time
- Course type
- Entry date
- September, January
Heriot-Watt University's Masters degree in Business Psychology is the most established of its kind in Europe. In this MSc, core modules from Business Psychology are blended with expertise from the field of Intercultural Communication.
Business Psychology with Intercultural Communication is a specialist Masters degree which offers professionals and graduates with backgrounds in Arts and Humanities, Business Management and Psychology the opportunity to gain a particularly employable skillset suited to working with multinational organisations.
This programme combines Business Psychology's specialist focus on leadership, diversity, change, and organisational culture, with Intercultural Communication’s focus on written and verbal communication in cross-cultural professional contexts. The development of these specialist skills will put graduates in the perfect position to make a positive impact on the performance, communication and culture of global organisations.
Semester 1 Courses
- Business Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Psychology of Coaching
- Organisational Culture
Semester 2 Courses
- Research Philosophy and Practice
- Psychology for Marketing
Psychology for Business Masters Project
For MSc entry, students will typically have a First or Second Class Honours Degree. Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates for the Certificate if they have a decade of experience in senior roles in business, such as management or other high-level work. We offer individual courses on a Continuing Professional Development basis to candidates without any previous qualifications. Satisfactory completion of the Certificate will make the student in question eligible for entry on to the Diploma, and assuming they are successful, the MSc.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, or your first degree was not taught in English, we’ll need to see evidence of your English language ability. The minimum requirement for English language is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. We offer a range of English language courses to help you meet the English language requirement prior to starting your masters programme:
- 14 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with no more than one skill at 4.5);
- 10 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with minimum of 5.0 in all skills);
- 6 weeks English (for IELTS 5.5 with minimum of 5.5 in reading and writing and minimum of 5.0 in speaking and listening)
- Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
- Overseas includes applications from European Union countries who do not hold Pre-Settled or Settled status in the UK. Read more about the application process for EU nationals.
Scholarships and bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.
View our full range of postgraduate scholarships.