Pre-Masters Graduate Diploma in Business Studies (Accelerated)
Heriot-Watt's Accelerated Pre-Masters Graduate Diploma is a four-month programme designed to prepare you for postgraduate taught study, in a learning environment that's been specifically created for you to thrive in.
Our Pre-Masters Graduate Diploma is your pathway to a career-focused postgraduate degree in your chosen subject area with Heriot-Watt, a leading global university.
We will champion and support you throughout your time at Heriot-Watt. We are here to help you succeed in your ultimate goal of achieving a career-focused postgraduate degree.
The Heriot-Watt Pre-Masters Graduate Diploma is for you if:
- You're an international student who does not have the appropriate English requirements
- You do not meet the published entry requirements for your postgraduate degree
- You're returning to education after some time away and need support
- You're switching to a different subject from what you've previously studied
Benefits of our Pre-Masters Graduate Diploma
- Become part of our exciting, supportive global community
- A personalised study experience, tailored to meet your needs and optimise your experience
- Our award-winning, professional careers team are here to fully support you throughout your time at Heriot-Watt
- Prepares you for entry into your chosen postgraduate degree programme
Once you've completed this programme, our postgraduate degrees are tailored to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to enter the workplace and perform at a high level right away. Most of our postgraduate degrees will give you the chance to work on live projects with global brands that will ensure your CV stands out once you've graduated.
Pre-Master Graduate Diploma Business (Accelerated) - four months
Completion of this will get you onto the following postgraduate programmes:
The programme consists of four 15 credit courses with one mandatory course in English and Academic Skills for Postgraduate Study, and three other option courses taken according to your pathway.
- English for Postgraduate Study 2
- Global Business Analysis 1: International Markets and Strategy
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Research Preparation 2
English language requirements
IELTS 6.0 with no bands below 5.5. Completed related honours degree or equivalent but falls below standard entry requirement.
Academic entry requirements
- Bangladesh - Undergraduate degree (4 Year) with a final mark of 55%
- China - Bachelors degree 60%, 4 year undergraduate certificate 70%; 3 year full-time Higher Education Diploma average 80%
- Ghana - Recognised bachelor degree with at least 2.2 (Hons)
- Hong Kong - Recognised 4 year first degree
- India - 4 year degree at 50% or above
- Indonesia - Recognised first degree
- Iran - Recognised first degree
- Jordan - Recognised Bachelors degree with a GPA of 2.5/4 or 3.0/5.0
- Kazakhstan - Recognised first degree
- Kuwait - Recognised first degree
- Libya - Recognised first degree
- Malaysia - Recognised first degree
- Oman - Recognised first degree with a GPA of 2.5/5
- Nigeria - Recognised first degree
- Pakistan - Recognised four-year Bachelors degree
- Qatar - Recognised first degree, GPA 2.5/4.0 scale or 3.0/5.0 scale
- Saudi Arabia - Recognised first degree, GPA 2.5/4.0 scale or 3.0/5.0 scale
- Thailand - Recognised first degree with a GPA of 2.3/5
- United Arab Emirates - Recognised first degree, GPA 2.5/4.0 scale or 3.0/5.0 scale
- Ukraine - Recognised first degree
Additional fees information
|UK and overseas||£8,000*|
* The fee above is the net fee figure after the scholarship discount of £1,000 has been deducted.