- Course code
- KPT/JPS (N/311/6/0081)(PA8056) 04/21
- Delivery type
- 3 years
- Intake date
Our Psychology degrees equip you with an understanding of human behaviour and the skills to apply your knowledge to an inclusive and productive society.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Campus
+603 8894 3888
Our psychology graduates have a strong record of employment building careers in business, teaching, counselling, nursing, probation work and market research.
Psychology is the science of behaviour and the mind. It uses a variety of scientific methods to explore key areas, including: the influence that our biology has on behaviour; the ways in which we develop from early infancy to adulthood; the ways in which we perceive, think, solve problems and make decisions; and the way we interact with each other. All of these approaches enable theories to be developed and tested within psychology. Our programmes focus on problems in the real world and consider how psychology can help us to address it.
Psychologists work in settings such as education, health and mental ill-health, sport and exercise, systems design, the environment, and forensic and criminological analysis, where theory and practice come together.
Learning methods include:
- practical experimental classes,
- web-based and computer-based work
- Cognitive Psychology 1
- Human Development and Intelligence
- Research Methods and Analysis 3 and 4
- Cognitive Psychology 2
- Social Psychology
- Philosophy and History of Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Cognition Across Life Span
- Research Method and Analysis 5
- Research Method and Analysis 6
- Intelligence at Work
- Social Cognition and Personality
- Industrial Training
- Forensic Psychology
- Applied Psychology: Health Psychology and Professional Practice
- Research Project
- Psychology of Education
- Advanced Social Psychology
- Cognition and Emotion
- Industrial and Organisational Psychology
- Psychology and Mental Health
Students work closely with a staff member in devising and conducting their research project in psychology. Students also select optional psychology courses. Coursework applies the information from these courses to employment-related settings and ‘real-world’ problems.
*Information correct at the time of publication and may be subject to change
Psychology graduates generally progress to a wide variety of careers, including business, teaching, counselling, nursing, social work, probation work and market research. Psychology graduates may also progress in the profession itself by training as clinical, educational, forensic, health or sports psychologists.
- Foundation year Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science or Foundation in Business: CCCC
- A-Level/STPM: CCC*
- SAM: ATAR 70
- CPU: 70%
- UEC: 2A 3B
- SMA 3 (Indonesia): 7.5
- IB Diploma: 25 points
- Diploma recognised by the Malaysian Government, acceptable to the University.
- any other relevant qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
*with minimum C in Science and Maths at SPM/O-Level or equivalent
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
If you do not have IELTS 6.0, we offer a Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSEP) prior to commencing your studies.