BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Promotion
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
Fashion Branding and Promotion is a new programme for 2021, a combination of fashion communication, fashion marketing, branding and management. Students develops skills to establish careers in the areas of branding, promotion and advertising, styling and marketing. The programme offers a combination of courses that enable strong design and analytical skills specifically tailored for the demands of the fashion industry:
- A brand new programme developed to meet the fashion industry’s need for professionals who have a full understanding of the commercial aspects of the sector as well as creative design skills.
- Underpinned by hard skills of photography, 3D design, developing branding strategies and marketing plans.
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry on live projects with high end industry brands.
- Excellent facilities including maker labs, photography studio, design suite and fashion and textiles workshops.
Find out more about what this unique course has to offer on our School pages.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Focuses on initial design and marketing skills, preparing the student with the fundamentals of skills such as photography, design thinking, and introductions to branding and marketing strategy.
The second year builds upon these fundamentals by introducing specialist topics such as Consumer Behaviours, and Advertising. This is supplemented with creative courses in digital film/media, typography and graphics.
Students develop critical reflection and analysis skills and work on projects in Fashion Styling, Enterprise and Innovation, Events Management and Visual Merchandising.
The focus of the honours year is a research project chosen by the student. Many final year students collaborate with industry partners to solve a real world problem or examine a topical industry development.
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level CCD (or BBBB at AS-Level)
- CBSE or equivalent 65%
- American High School Diploma + SAT1s - 1000.
- UAE Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points or above.
- African WAEC / NECO / WASSCE B2s
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
- EmSAT minimum 1400 English and 1200 Maths
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Design Studies) with a BBBB. Degree Entry Programme (Management / Psychology) will also be considered.
A mix of A-Levels and AS-Levels are accepted as long as there are no duplicate subjects in each of the levels.
Second year entry
Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to email@example.com.
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
Fees and funding
- AED 65100 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.