BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Promotion
- Delivery type
- 4 years (full-time)
- Intake date
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
Fashion Branding and Promotion is a new programme for 2021, a combination of fashion communication, fashion marketing, branding and management. Students develops skills to establish careers in the areas of branding, promotion and advertising, styling and marketing. The programme offers a combination of courses that enable strong design and analytical skills specifically tailored for the demands of the fashion industry:
- A brand new programme developed to meet the fashion industry’s need for professionals who have a full understanding of the commercial aspects of the sector as well as creative design skills.
- Underpinned by hard skills of photography, 3D design, developing branding strategies and marketing plans.
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry on live projects with high end industry brands.
- Excellent facilities including maker labs, photography studio, design suite and fashion and textiles workshops.
Find out more about what this unique course has to offer on our School pages.
Read more about the UAE Federal Accreditation.
Focuses on initial design and marketing skills, preparing the student with the fundamentals of skills such as photography, design thinking, and introductions to branding and marketing strategy.
The second year builds upon these fundamentals by introducing specialist topics such as Consumer Behaviours, and Advertising. This is supplemented with creative courses in digital film/media, typography and graphics.
Students develop critical reflection and analysis skills and work on projects in Fashion Styling, Enterprise and Innovation, Events Management and Visual Merchandising.
The focus of the honours year is a research project chosen by the student. Many final year students collaborate with industry partners to solve a real world problem or examine a topical industry development.
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level - CCD (or BBBB at AS Level)
- CBSE/Other Indian Boards – 65%
- American High School Diploma/SABIS - 70% + SAT I – 1000 (500 English + 500 Math)
- Tawjihiyya - 80% or Elite/Advance - 75% + EmSAT (English 1400 and Math 700)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - 24 points (3 HL subjects and 3 SL Subjects)
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma - MMM
- FBISE or grade 12 equivalent - 70%
- Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) - Grades of 5 in every subject + IELTS 6.0
- French Baccalaureate - 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Lebanese Baccalaureate - 80% or 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Foundation year - Successful completion of HWU Entry Programme (Management/Design) with BBBB
- Compulsory subjects to include English.
Second year entry
- Successful completion of first year of a recognized degree programme in related field with a strong portfolio of work. Please contact the Recruitment and Admissions Office to discuss further.
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
English language requirements
As our degrees are taught and assessed in English, applicants must be able to prove their level of English language ability. To know more, please refer to our English language requirements.
Fees and funding
- AED 70412 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.