BSc (Hons) Psychology and Marketing
- UCAS code
- 4 years
- Delivery type
BSc (Hons) Psychology and Marketing is an exciting new degree combining two of Heriot-Watt University's well-established disciplines. Students will study courses in psychology and marketing and understand the many impactful links between the two.
BSc (Hons) Psychology and Marketing is based in the Department of Psychology and it draws on the well-established undergraduate programmes in psychology and marketing.
The mandatory courses in the programme are taken from the core courses in both disciplines, ensuring that students will graduate with a deep understanding of the nature of Psychology and Marketing and of the many fruitful linkages between them.
Students will take courses in all core areas of Psychology with an emphasis on Social and Cognitive Psychology, which will equip them with the tools necessary to understand the links between individual and social behaviour.
Students will study foundational marketing courses in Level 1 and Level 2, introducing them to the principles of the discipline. In Level 3 and Level 4, students will take more specialised courses allowing them to explore areas of marketing in depth.
Finally, students will undergo training in research methods and statistical analysis, culminating in a dissertation, which will run across both semesters of their final year. At all stages of the programme, there will be opportunities to take optional courses, allowing students to tailor their studies to meet their own interests. The precise choice of courses at each stage will change over time, adapting to students' interests and the research specialisms of academic staff.
Global College pathway for this degree
If you do not meet the entry requirements for this degree, have a look at Heriot-Watt Global College, where you can follow an accelerated pathway which will get you onto the second year of this degree.
- Introduction to Marketing
- Academic Skills in Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology 1
- Research methods and Analysis 1
- Research methods and analysis 2
- Introduction to Psychology 2
- Becoming a professional
- Human Development and Intelligence
- Research Methods and Analysis 3
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Philosophy and History of Psychology
- Consumer Behaviour
- Cognitive Psychology
- Research Methods and Analysis 4
- Social Psychology
- Cognition across the Lifespan
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Research Methods and Analysis 5
- Option: Responsible Marketing or Global Strategic Marketing
- Social Cognition and Personality
- Research Methods and Analysis 6
- Option: Integrated Marketing Communications or Marketing project
- Theoretical Research Project 1
- Leisure Marketing
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Cognition and Emotion
- Psychology of Education
- Future Issues in Marketing
- Retail Marketing
- Theoretical Research Project 2
- Psychology of Ageing
- Psychology for Marketing
- Psychology and Mental Health
- Marketing Sustainability
- Digital Marketing
- Advanced Social Psychology
Discover Uni course data
Discover Uni provides data on each university's degree courses across a range of measures including student satisfaction, graduate jobs and salaries.
Standard entry requirements
- Highers AABB (over two sittings)
- A-Levels BBC
- Int. Baccalaureate 29 points
- BTEC DDM (Health and Social Sciences preferred)
- HNC B in graded unit Social Sciences (Psychology, Research Methods/Statistics required modules)
- HND BB
Minimum entry requirements *
- Highers BBBC
- A-Levels BCC
* Minimum: under our Fair Access Policy, we will relax our standard entry requirements for some Scottish students depending on their circumstances. Our minimum requirements will apply if you:
- live in an area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20), or
- are care experienced.
We can also make exceptions for some Scottish students with grades above minimum but below standard. Read more about our Minimum and standard entry requirements
- Advanced Highers BB (plus AABB at Higher preferably including Higher Psychology A)
- A-Levels ABB - Psychology at A is preferred
- Int. Baccalaureate 34 points
- HNC A in Social Sciences graded unit (Social Sciences, Psychology, Research Methods/Statistics required)
- HND AB / BA in Social Sciences graded units (Social Sciences, Psychology, Research Methods/Statistics required)
- Global College Successful completion of Bachelors Degree Accelerator Foundation - Psychology
- For all years, applications are welcomed from holders of non-school qualifications, mature candidates and overseas students.
- If you do not see your qualifications here please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check that you meet our University-wide National 5/GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths requirements.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, you have to show that your English is good enough to succeed on your course. Please see our English language requirements.
|Status*||Scotland||England / Wales / N Ireland / Rep of Ireland||International**|
|Fee||Paid by SAAS||£9,250||£16,000|
* Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
** 'International' includes applicants from European Union countries who do not hold Pre-Settled or Settled status in UK. (This does not include students from the Republic of Ireland - see above). Read more about the application process for EU nationals.
You may incur additional costs in the course of your studies at Heriot-Watt over and above tuition fees in an academic year. Depending on your programme of study, these may include: protective equipment, field trips, professional memberships, studio fees, required course texts or other study resources.
Scholarships and bursaries
Bursaries for students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales
In addition to government loans and grants towards the costs of fees and living costs, we are offering generous financial support to attract and support eligible undergraduate students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales:
- Heriot-Watt University Bursary (up to £3,100 per year)
View our full range of undergraduate scholarships.