Driver Declarations

The driver declaration form must be completed by staff and students who wish to apply to be approved to drive University owned/leased/hired or private vehicles on University business. Please note that you may not be authorised to be an approved driver if you fail to meet certain criteria (e.g. in relation to driving convictions or if you do not have appropriate insurance cover for use of a private vehicle for business purposes).

The form is in two sections: the first is accessed by clicking on the link above. Once this is submitted, you will received an email from the Heriot-Watt Shield system which contains a link to the second section of the form and must also be completed. Once this has been submitted and approved, you will receive an email with your Authorised Driver Number. When your driver declaration is due for renewal, you are only required to complete the second section of the form. You will be sent an email reminding you of the renewal which includes a link to the second section of the form.

Motor Accident Grab Card

If you intend to drive any vehicle on University business, (whether this is a university owned vehicle or your private vehicle) please ensure you have printed off the motor accident grab card and keep it in your vehicle at all times. You should refer to the grab card in the event of an accident (when driving on University business) as it gives clear instructions on what to do and how to make a claim.

Key information

Assurance Services