Remote Interpreting for British Sign Language (BSL) Interpreters
Online: Saturday 13 May - Register
Edinburgh campus: Monday 26 June - Register
Who is this course for?
If you are a BSL/English interpreter (Signature Level 6), or hold an equivalent qualification, with or without remote interpreting experience, then this course is for you.
The course is limited to 24 participants and is on a first-come first served basis.
Aim of the course
This one-day CPD course aims to introduce participants to recommended remote working conditions and remote co-working techniques. The programme will cover the following themes.
- Recommended remote interpreting technical set-up
- Recommended platforms for remote co-working
- Remote co-working strategies (for preparation and feeding)
At the end of the course, you will understand
- The ideal technical set-up for interpreting remotely
- The pros and cons of online conferencing platforms for co-working
- Remote co-working strategies, supporting
- Remote co-working strategies, receiving
Fees and enquiries
Fees: £145 with a 10% discount to the students and alumni of Heriot-Watt university and partner universities, and members of the ITI and CIoL).
Registration closes on 30 April 2023 at 12.00
If you are unsure if this course is suitable for you, or you would like to discuss the aims and objectives with the course leader before enrolling, please contact the course leader, Dr Robert Skinner at email@example.com
For general enquiries, contact Dr Khadidja Merakchi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation on campus is available at a discounted rate.
Option 1: Guest house
£50 Single occupancy per night or £65 double occupancy per night.
Option 2: Courtyard by Marriott (situated inside the campus, a 5-minute walk from the Summer School venue):
- £89.00 Bed & Breakfast single occupancy per night
- £99.00 Bed & Breakfast double occupancy per night.
Please email your chosen option and number of nights to email@example.com
The course fee will be fully refunded if you cannot travel due to Covid or Covid- related restrictions.