Our vision for computer science is one that champions its fundamental importance to continued advances in all areas of science, while stressing the role of foundational research in enabling a steady stream of step-changes in potential for future applications. At present we have approximately 40 academics pursuing this vision, supported by 43 researchers and 62 PhD students.
We are a founder member of the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, which pools together the top computing departments in Scotland and also provides an enriched research environment for all staff and students.
Our MACS academics are associated with the National Robotarium. This multimillion pound, purpose-built facility houses world-class technology and laboratories for the development and translation of robotics and AI solutions.
- If you are interested in a PhD in Computer Science please visit the PhD opportunities in Computer Science page.
Our research groups
- Bio-inspired Computing and Machine Learning (BCML)
- Biomedical Informatics Systems Engineering Laboratory (BISEL)
- Robotics Lab
- Cyber Security
- Dependable Systems (DSG)
- Lab for AI and Verification
- Useful Logic, Types & Rewriting (ULTRA)