Traditional studio flats
All accommodation is single occupancy and self-catered. There are a number of catering facilities on campus.
There are a small number of studio flats available for postgraduate students on campus. Modern, bright and spacious, our studios offer a completely private space with private bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. They vary in size but are 24 square meters minimum and are priced individually according to size and layout.
|Room type||Cost per week||Contract length||Cost per tenancy|
|Traditional Studio||£202.00||50 weeks||£10,100.00|
How to apply
Applications for the 2023/2024 will open at midday (GMT) on Monday 27 February 2023.
Find out more about how to apply for on-campus accommodation.
What's included in the rent?
The rent includes:
- internet connection (100MB as standard)
- assisted clean of public areas. Students are required to maintain the cleanliness levels in their own studio
- Basic room contents insurance is included with your on campus accommodation and is provided by Endsleigh. Enter in your policy number HH1074 to check your policy details.
- 24/7 SafeGuarding Services who are on hand day and night to deal with any issues that may arise.
If you plan on using a personal television or a laptop for internet provider television (IPTV), you will need to buy a TV licence.
What's included in a studio flat?
- Your room key gives access to your designated kitchen and laundrette.
- Study bedroom
- 3/4 size bed
- Mattress protector
- Desk chair
- Pin board
- Wash hand basin
Bed linen, duvet and pillows are not provided, but you can collect one from our main reception when you arrive for £30.
Towels and toilet rolls are not provided.
For safety reasons, cooking/heating appliances and additional furniture are not permitted in study bedrooms.
- 2 hob cooker and microwave oven
- Sweeping brush
- Dust pan and brush
- Bucket and mop
- Recycling station
- Breakfast bar and stool
Crockery, cutlery, pot, pans and kitchen utensils are not provided.
The cleaning service is an "assisted clean", which means the communal areas such as hallways/ stairwells will be cleaned, but you are expected to maintain cleaning standards in your own flat.
- Laundry facilities (washing machines, dryers, iron and ironing board)
- Bike shelters (limited spaces)
- Residence Life Hub located on campus
Images are used to demonstrate a typical student room in each accommodation type. However, the layout and contents may differ depending on the hall and room allocated. Please see the "What's included" section above for a list of what is provided in the room.
Please visit Watt-Living for help and advice on what you need to bring with you to campus