Traditional en suite rooms - Edinburgh Campus
All accommodation is self-catered – There are a number of catering facilities on campus.
Each study bedroom is about 12 square metres, including the private bathroom. The bedrooms are grouped around kitchens for the use of four or five students.
|Room type||Cost per week||Contract length||Cost per tenancy|
|Traditional en suite rooms||
How to apply
You can apply online for accommodation from 09:00 (BST), 8 April 2019. The closing date for guaranteed accommodation is midnight (BST) 25 August 2019.
Find out more about how to apply for on-campus accommodation.
What’s included in the rent?
The rent includes:
- internet connection (100MB as standard)
- assisted clean of public areas and kitchens which means you are expected to maintain cleaning standards in your own flat.
- Basic room contents insurance is included with your on campus accommodation and is provided by Endsleigh. Enter in your policy number HH1074 to check your policy details.
- 24/7 Safeguarding Services who are on hand day and night to deal with any issues that may arise.
If you plan on using a personal television or a laptop for internet provider television (IPTV), you will need to buy a TV licence.
What's provided in an en suite room?
Your room key gives access to your designated lounge, kitchen and laundrette.
- Single bed
- Mattress protector
- Desk chair
- Desk lamp
- Pin board
- Ethernet cable
- En suite:
- Wash hand basin
Bed linen, duvet and pillows are not provided, but you can order a bedding pack online for £25 when making your application.
Towels and toilet rolls are not provided.
For safety reasons, cooking/heating appliances and additional furniture are not permitted in study bedrooms.
- Sweeping brush
- Dust pan and brush
- Bucket and mop
- Swing-top bin
- Lockable cupboard
Crockery, cutlery, pot, pans and kitchen utensils are not provided.
Refuse sacks are issued weekly so that you can safely dispose of refuse in the appropriate recycling bins.
- Easy chairs
- Coffee tables
Other general facilities on campus include:
- Laundry facilities (washing machines and dryers)
- Bike shelter (limited spaces)
- Residence Life Hub located on campus
Images are used to demonstrate a typical student room in each accommodation type. However, the layout and contents may differ depending on the hall and room allocated. Please see the "What's included" section above for a list of what is provided in the room.