MA (Hons) Business Management: Financial Services
The Business Management: Financial Services GA is aimed at employment in the financial services sector.
Specific roles will depend on the nature of the organisation, including, but not limited to:
- Team Leader
- Team Manager
- Operations Manager
- Investment Operations Analyst
The Business Management: Financial Services Graduate Apprenticeship is designed to produce graduates with the following high level skills and knowledge attributes:
Digital business and new technologies
Developing collaborative relationships
Awareness of self and others
Management of self
The financial services sector
Technological change and its application
Key areas of the programme
The primary focus of the Business Management: Financial Services Graduate Apprenticeship programme is on developing the knowledge, understanding and skills outcomes sought by employers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of organisational strategy
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of project management
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of business finance
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of digital business and new technologies
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively lead people
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage people
- Demonstrate the ability to develop collaborative relationships
- Demonstrate an awareness of self and others
- Demonstrate effective management of self
- Demonstrate effective decision making skills
- Demonstrate behaviour that shows the ability to take responsibility
- Demonstrate behaviour that shows the ability to be inclusive
- Demonstrate behaviour that shows the ability to be agile
- Demonstrate behaviour that shows professionalism
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of the financial services sector
- Demonstrate knowledge of technological change and its application
- Demonstrate knowledge of client management
- Retail banking
- Commercial / business banking
- Investment banking
- Investment management
- Workplace pensions
- Client segmentation
- Market segmentation
Why Heriot-Watt University?
Our graduates are specialist, creative, progessive, global citizens. Graduate Apprenticeship Programmes are taught by respected and experienced academics and business professionals.
With five campuses, in Edinburgh, Galashiels, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, Heriot-Watt is a truly global community.
Graduate Apprenticeship in Business Management for Financial Services enable employers to work and add value in financial services organisations
Heriot-Watt University is consistently ranked at a high level across a number of key university league tables.