Standard entry requirements
- Highers AAAB (over two sittings)
- A-Levels BBB
- Int. Baccalaureate 29 points
- BTEC DDM (Business/Accountancy/Finance preferred)
- HNC B in graded unit
Minimum entry requirements*
- Highers BBBC
- A-Levels BCC
* Minimum: under our Fair Access Policy, we will relax our standard entry requirements for some Scottish students depending on their circumstances. Our minimum requirements will apply if you:
- live in an area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20), or
- are care experienced.
We can also make exceptions for some Scottish students with grades above minimum but below standard. Read more about our Minimum and standard entry requirements
Advanced Highers BB (including at least one: Accountancy, Business, Economics, Maths plus AAAB at Higher)
A-Levels ABB (including at least one of: Accountancy, Business, Economics, Maths)
Int. Baccalaureate 34 points (including at least one of: Accountancy, Business, Economics, Maths at Higher Level 5)
HNC A in graded unit (Accounting)
HND BB in graded units (Accounting or Business)
- HND AA in graded units (Accounting)
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you will have to show us that your English is good enough to succeed on your course. Please refer to our English language requirements.
Tuition fees for 2020 entry (by residency status)
||Scotland / EU**
||England / Northern Ireland / Wales***
||Paid by SAAS
* Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
** European Union countries (not including England, Northern Ireland or Wales).
*** 'Rest of the UK' (RUK) students entering at Level 1 receive a fee waiver of one year's tuition fee. Normally this will be the final year, or a year during which students study abroad (either at a partnership institution, or at one of Heriot-Watt's overseas campuses).
You may incur additional costs in the course of your studies at Heriot-Watt over and above tuition fees in an academic year. Depending on your programme of study, these may include: protective equipment, field trips, professional memberships, studio fees, required course texts or other study resources.
Scholarships and bursaries
Bursaries for students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales starting undergraduate degree courses in 2020
In addition to government loans and grants towards the costs of fees and living costs, we are offering generous financial support to attract and support eligible students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales:
View our full range of undergraduate scholarships.