I have been involved in various UK Research Council and EU funded research projects addressing urban development growth and sustainable transportation. Those projects include passenger-focused transport research, such as, land-use planning, international journey planning systems, inclusive transport digital economy, roadmapping Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) technologies, exploring sustainable travel behaviour (i.e., walking and cycling), and promoting sustainable urban mobility planning in European cities. In recent years, my focus turning to freight transport and heavily involved in EU funded research on urban freight distribution and long-distance freight management. I have addressed research themes such as ‘freight policy and planning’, ‘green logistics’, and ‘food value chains’.
Having been involved in several full-lifecycle funded research projects, I have been privileged in finding the best way to ensure reliable new data collection and in interpreting any new insights that contribute to science and humanity, and especially to understanding options to respond to the climate change emergency.
I have taught on Business School modules such as Research Methods, Quantitative Methods, and Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Areas of interest
- Transport infrastructure, land-use planning, transport planning, transport policy, transport economics, travel behaviour, freight and logistics, sustainability, sustainable development
- BEng (Hons) in civil engineering (double degree) awarded by Universitas Katolik Parahyangan Indonesia and Hanzehogeschool Groningen Netherlands, 2001
- MSc in Environmental Project Management awarded by the Faculty of Engineering, Science, Informatics and Technology, University of Northumbria at Newcastle upon Tyne UK, 2003
- PhD in Transport Planning awarded by the School of Civil engineering and Geosciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne UK, 2009
2004-2008 Junior Research Associate and doctoral student at the Transport Operations Research Group, Civil Engineering Department, University of Newcastle upon Tyne (Newcastle University)
2008-2010 Research Fellow at the Centre for Transport Research, School of Geosciences, University of Aberdeen
2010-2020 Research Associate at Newcastle University based at NewRail – Newcastle Centre for Railway Research, School of Mechanical Engineering and Systems, and since 2017 at Newcastle University Business School
- Editorial Board Member of Sustainability Journal (Sustainable Transportation section) (MDPI) since October 2019
- Editorial Board Member of Case Studies on Transport Policy Journal (Elsevier) since January 2018
- Research project team award for “Outstanding Procurement Team” at The Times Higher Education Leadership and Management 2015
- Research project team Award for “Best Environmental Initiative” at the Newcastle University Environment Awards 2015