Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 52 2139432
The International Business Management degree programme follows a number of guiding principles that mirror the values of managers of leading organisations and reflect current business management thinking. In the first two years of all International Business Management degrees, students follow a common programme that provides a strong grounding in the principles of modern business management and also introduces more functional areas of business management including Marketing, Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour.
Our students are not here just to learn facts and figures. Senior managers everywhere stress that personal skills are as important as education and intellect. Our aim is to help you become the manager of the future and so students are encouraged to develop practical business management and problem solving skills through the team development courses and group projects. We believe that the real basis for business management is experience. We will expose you to theories of business management and case studies of companies, and give you the opportunity to work on specific business management problems.
In the third and fourth years of the Heriot-Watt programme in International Business Management, students choose from a broad range of specialist subjects. This allows you to tailor your degree to meet your career needs and aspirations.
Why study International Business Management at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- High quality British degree programme
- Enhance your career in management
- Programme is related to industry needs
- Develop and enhance your skills
- Further your career prospects.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Students will follow introductory courses in four key subject themes of Accountancy and Finance, and Economics and Management. In addition, students will take Business Skills and Critical Writing.
Students study the functional areas of International Business Management including Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Commercial Law, Organisational Behaviour, Statistics and Quantitative Techniques.
Courses include Strategic Management, Marketing specialisms, Business Research Methods and Project Management.
Students undertake studies in a range of subjects in International and Contemporary Issues relevant to International Business Management areas. Students must also undertake a dissertation in an area of International Business Management of particular interest to them.
When studying International Business Management, you can expect career opportunities in the following areas:
- Management Consultancy
- Business Operations Management
- Market Research Analysis
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Production Management
- Quality Control
- Logistics Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Interpreting
- Retail Management
- Advertising Management
- Project Management
- Contracts Management
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme instead.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level CCD (or BBBB at AS-Level)
- CBSE or equivalent 65%
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- UAE Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Management) with a BBBB.
- African WAEC / NECO / WASSCE B2 including English and Maths
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
Second year entry
- GCE A-Level CCC in relevant business subjects
- International Baccalaureate 24 points
- CBSE 75%
- American High School 70% + 3 AP at grade 4 OR Minimum 3 SAT 2’s 500 each
- Higher National Diploma (HND) PPP
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma DDD
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 85%
- Students with an HND, an OND Upper Credit or have completed first year at a Nigerian University with strong grades, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to email@example.com
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
Fees and funding
- AED 58800 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.