Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
New number TBC
An understanding of business and finance is an essential prerequisite for those who intend to pursue a career in commerce, industry or public administration. Operating in international markets requires an understanding of international accounting standards, taxation, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and exchange and interest rates. It is not surprising that there is a continuing demand for graduates who have specialised in these subjects. Professional bodies will offer substantial examination exemptions and reduced periods of pre-qualifying service to approved graduates.
The Heriot-Watt programme in Business and Finance is a joint degree programme with equal emphasis on the subject areas of management and finance. The aim of the programme is to encourage the development of cognitive skills so that as students progress they develop knowledge and understanding, learn to apply that knowledge and understanding, and become versed in the deeper approach to learning as evidenced by powers of analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
Why study Business and Finance at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- High quality British degree programme.
- Enhance your career in either the business or finance sector
- Develop and enhance your skills.
- Further your career prospects.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Students will follow introductory courses in four key subject themes of Accountancy and Finance, Economics and Management. In addition, students will take Business Skills and Critical Writing.
The main aspects of management and finance are developed. Management subjects include Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Operations Management, Commercial Law and Human Resource Management. Finance subjects include Finance Theory and Markets. Quantitative Techniques courses are taken to equip students with the knowledge and skills that will be required in subsequent years.
Students will undertake core finance subjects in Corporate Finance and Security Markets. In addition, students will take business related subjects including Strategic Management, Business Research Methods, Project Management and Marketing.
The final year provides an opportunity for specialisation in management and studies in International and Contemporary Issues in relevant Business and Finance areas. Students must also undertake a dissertation in an area of business or finance of particular interest to them.
When studying Business and Finance, you can expect career opportunities in the following roles: financial advisor, business operations manager, production manager, quality control, logistics manager, business interpreter, marketing executive, retail manager, advertising manager, digital marketer and project manager.
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme instead.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level CCD (or BBBB at AS-Level)
- CBSE or equivalent 65%
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- UAE Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Management) with a BBBB.
- African WAEC / NECO / WASSCE B2 including English and Maths
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
Second year entry
- GCE A-Level CCC in relevant business subjects
- International Baccalaureate 24 points
- CBSE 75%
- American High School 70% + 3 AP at grade 4 OR Minimum 3 SAT 2’s 500 each
- Higher National Diploma (HND) PPP
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma DDD
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 85%
- Students with an HND, an OND Upper Credit or have completed first year at a Nigerian University with strong grades, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
Fees and funding
- AED 58800 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.