BBA (Hons) Bachelor of Business Administration
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
With the Bachelor of Business Administration, particular emphasis is placed upon the knowledge and analytical skills required in business, with the focus on international management and global issues. Building on core knowledge of business issues, the programme aims to enhance the student’s personal development, team working and presentation skills. We believe that the real basis for management is experience. We will expose you to theories of management and case studies of companies, and give you the opportunity to work on specific management problems. Organisations must compete in a global marketplace and their activities cross borders and cultures.
Why study Bachelor of Business Administration at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- High quality British degree programme.
- Gain a relevant degree that matches industry needs.
- Develop and enhance your skills.
- Further your career prospects.
Students who have passed the courses designated as appropriate by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) may be considered for entry into the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma. Entrepreneurial talent and the ability to recognise and analyse new opportunities will be encouraged and developed.
Read more about the UAE Federal Accreditation.
Students will follow introductory courses in four key subject themes of Accountancy and Finance, Economics and Management. In addition, students will take Business Skills and Critical Writing.
The key areas of management are studied and explored in greater depth through Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Commercial Law and Organisational Behaviour courses. These are complemented by Quantitative Methods as well as Accountancy and Finance options.
As student knowledge and skills grow, the emphasis switches to international issues through the study of Strategic Management, Project Management and Innovation Management. Further studies in Marketing and Accountancy and Finance options are also available.
Students develop their own interests further by undertaking a business related dissertation of their choice, supported by studies in International and Contemporary Issues in relevant Marketing, Human Resources and Management areas.
When studying for a BBA, you can expect career opportunities in the following areas: human resource management, marketing, social entrepreneurship, retail management, public sector administration, advertising management, digital marketing, project management and contracts management
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme instead.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level - CCD (or BBBB at AS Level)
- CBSE/Other Indian Boards – 65%
- American High School Diploma/SABIS - 70% + SAT I – 1000 (500 English + 500 Math)
- Tawjihiyya - 80% or Elite/Advance - 75% + EmSAT (English 1400 and Math 700)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - 24 points (3 HL and 3 SL)
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma - MMM
- African WAEC/NECO/WASSCE - B2
- FBISE or grade 12 equivalent - 70%
- Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) - Grades of 5 in every subject + IELTS 6.0
- French Baccalaureate - 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Lebanese Baccalaureate - 80% or 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Foundation year - Successful completion of HWU Entry Programme (Management) with CCCC.
- Compulsory subjects to include English.
Second year entry (September Intake Only)
- GCE A-Level - CCC
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - 27 points (3 HL – including Business and 3 SL)
- CBSE/Other Indian Boards - 75%
- American High School Diploma/ SABIS - 70% + 3 AP at grade 4 or Minimum 3 SAT Subjects (SAT II) 500 each, in relevant subjects.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) - PPP
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma - DDD
- FBISE or grade 12 equivalent – 85%
- Students with an HND, an OND Upper Credit or have completed first year at a Nigerian University with strong grades, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Compulsory subjects to include English, Business Management.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
English language requirements
As our degrees are taught and assessed in English, applicants must be able to prove their level of English language ability. To know more, please refer to our English language requirements.
Fees and funding
- AED 63598 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.