Advanced Degree Entry (Foundation) Programme in Management + Year 1: Management
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
Our Advanced Degree Entry Programme (ADEP) provides you with a fantastic opportunity to progress to a degree in one semester. With the guidance of our dedicated teachers, this foundation programme will bridge the gap between your school qualifications and the demands of a university.
The ADEP will help you to develop your subject knowledge whilst providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills and academic English as well as allowing you to become familiar with our assessment and examination techniques.
If you complete the ADEP programme successfully, you will be able to progress directly into the first year of your chosen degree programme in January. Thereafter, you will complete the first year of your degree over two semesters and join the second year of your degree in September of that year.
You will be eligible to progress to one of the following programmes:
- BBA Bachelor of Business Administration
- MA (Hons) International Business Management
- MA(Hons) Business and Finance
- MA(Hons) Accounting and Finance
- MA (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Management
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
Read more about the UAE Federal Accreditation.
Students study the following subjects:
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Introduction to Business Management
- Introduction to Leadership, Motivation and Psychology
Students are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams and must attain a minimum overall grade of C (50%) in each course to ensure guaranteed transfer onto the undergraduate programmes listed under 'Progression'.
- British GCE/IGCSE Three Bs + Two Cs
- Indian CBSE/CISCE/NIOS – 50% HSSC – 55%
- UAE Tawjihiyya Year 12 - 70%
- US American High School Diploma 70% (No SAT requirement)
- Africa WASSC (WAEC/NECO) Five C4s
- Philippine High School Diploma 75%
- National Curriculum Russian / Kazakhstan (Attestat) Grades of 4
- IB – MYP year 11 Three grades of 5 + Two grades of 4
- IBCP - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Merit + SL grades of 5 or IGCSE grades of B (6)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma – Merit
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – Pass
All of the above require English as a mandatory subject.
To find out more about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
English language requirements
Fees and funding
- AED 73819*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.