Advanced Degree Entry (Foundation) Programme in Engineering + Year 1: Engineering
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
Our new Advanced Degree Entry Programme (ADEP) in Engineering allows you to fast-track your career by providing you with an opportunity to complete your Degree Entry Programme and first year undergraduate degree programme in Engineering in one academic year. You will spend only one semester in the Degree Entry Programme level and then progress onto an Engineering degree programme.
This programme gives you a fantastic opportunity to transition from high school into university smoothly. It is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will equip you for the demands of a university degree and will help you develop your subject knowledge, soft skills and confidence, as well as become familiar with our assessment and examination techniques.
If you complete the ADEP programme successfully you will be able to go directly into a general Engineering degree programme in January. Thereafter, you will complete the first year of your degree over two semesters and join the second year of your degree in September of that year.
Upon successful completion of this ADEP in Engineering, you will be eligible to progress to one of the following programmes:
- BEng (Hons) Architectural Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Robotics, Autonomous and Interactive Systems
Read more about the UAE Federal Accreditation.
Students study the following subjects:
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Entry Physics
- Entry Mathematics
Students are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams and must attain a minimum overall grade of C (50%) in each course to ensure guaranteed transfer onto the undergraduate programmes listed above.
- British GCE/IGCSE Three Bs + 2 Cs
- Indian CBSE/CISCE/NIOS – 50% HSSC – 55%
- UAE Tawjihiyya Year 12 - 70%
- US American High School Diploma 70% (No SAT requirement)
- Africa WASSC (WAEC/NECO) Five C4s
- Philippine High School Diploma 75%
- National Curriculum Russian / Kazakhstan (Attestat) Grades of 4
- IB – MYP year 11 Three grades of 5 + two grades of 4
- IBCP - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Merit + SL grades of 5 or IGCSE grades of B (6)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma – Merit
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – Pass
All of the above require English, Maths and Physics/Chemistry as mandatory subjects.
To find out more about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
English language requirements
Fees and funding
- AED 79498*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.