Our suite of programmes offer opportunities to develop your ability to lead, strategically manage and prepare for change in all types of industry and across the business, retail, public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
Heriot-Watt University is also a named Bloomberg experiential learning partner, a programme designed by Bloomberg to recognise universities that are leaders in experiential learning.
Our programmes are taught by a number of leading academic staff who are experts in their fields and have strong relationships with industry.
Through the programmes you will develop a range of specialised skills, techniques and practices informed by the latest developments in business management. You will gain key competencies including the ability to identify, conceptualise and explain issues associated with the practice, innovation and implementation of processes and techniques within international business contexts.
A robust understanding of business management subjects such as competitive strategy, business economics and international business will complement your specialist focus, and a range of optional courses allow you to create a personally relevant programme of study.
Our programmes are accredited by professional bodies including:
- Chartered Management Institute
- Institute of Six Sigma Professionals
- Institute of Operations Management
- Association for Project Management
Examples of employers that graduates join include:
Royal Bank of Scotland, the United Nations, Turner & Townsend, Scottish Government, VisitScotland, NHS Scotland, Hengst Automotive, Mercedes, KPMG.
Our partnership with Bloomberg
Our partnership with Bloomberg, and the achievement of ELP status, recognises our innovative approach to connecting our teaching experience with real-life practical applications. Being a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner allows Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh Business School to better integrate industry-leading data, research, news, and analytics into our curricula.
The Bloomberg facility at Heriot Watt University is unique in Scotland and enables students from different disciplines of business to better understand different aspects of markets, business behaviours and economic trends. It enables:
- Performance comparison between different companies or industries using: financial reports, company valuations, company news, company portfolios, key changes/trends.
- Supply chain analysis through company’s supply chain relationships that includes suppliers, customers and competitors. This enables managers to refine their supply chain configuration and strategy.
- Market share analysis by providing key industry data, interactive charting and commentary by Bloomberg industry experts. It also provides industry fundamental statistics, market share and other key industry specific metrics (i.e. retailers, airlines, global auto manufacturing, etc.)
- Strategic portfolio analysis through creating portfolios against markets and market positions, allocation of asset and performance attribution analysis.
- Accounting and Financial analysis by providing financial history of companies and indices including current and historical income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, ratio analysis and more.