Marketing at Heriot-Watt is ranked top 10 in the United Kingdom in The Guardian University League Table 2018 and The National Student Survey 2018.
Heriot-Watt University is also a named Bloomberg experiential learning partner, a programme designed by Bloomberg to recognise universities that are leaders in experiential learning.
International Marketing programmes at Heriot-Watt are designed to develop marketing management competencies alongside specific knowledge of specialist areas, enabling you to remain competitive within the changing world of international business marketing.
Our programmes blend contemporary and traditional practice, building knowledge and skills that will help you to develop an integrated approach toward creative problem solving and strategic decision making in marketing management.
Our teaching team includes internationally established industry experts and renowned academics so you will benefit from both exceptional academic knowledge and relevant industry insight and experience.
Our International Marketing programmes are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), the leading professional body for marketers worldwide. CIM aims to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Heriot-Watt University has joined forces with CIM to give students the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through CIM Graduate Gateway. CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and map alongside our own degrees which ensures we are equipping students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
Our partnership with Bloomberg
Heriot-Watt University is a named Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner (ELP), a programme designed by Bloomberg to recognise universities that are leaders in experiential learning.
Our partnership with Bloomberg, and the achievement of ELP status, is a mark of our innovative approach to connecting our teaching experience with real-life practical applications. Being a Bloomberg experiential learning partner allows Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh Business School to better integrate industry-leading data, research, news and analytics into our curricula.
The Bloomberg facility at Heriot Watt University is unique in Scotland and enables students from different disciplines of business to better understand different aspects of markets, business behaviours and economic trends. It enables:
- Performance comparison between different companies or industries using: financial reports, company valuations, company news, company portfolios, key changes/trends.
- Supply chain analysis through company’s supply chain relationships that includes suppliers, customers and competitors. This enables managers to refine their supply chain configuration and strategy.
- Market share analysis by providing key industry data, interactive charting and commentary by Bloomberg industry experts. It also provides industry fundamental statistics, market share and other key industry specific metrics (i.e. retailers, airlines, global auto manufacturing, etc.)
- Strategic portfolio analysis through creating portfolios against markets and market positions, allocation of asset and performance attribution analysis.
- Accounting and Financial analysis by providing financial history of companies and indices including current and historical income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, ratio analysis and more.