We offer a flexible, broad based International Business Management programme where you can choose one of eight specialist pathways which allow you to focus on developing specific knowledge and skills in preparation for a career in your chosen area.
Heriot-Watt University is also a named Bloomberg experiential learning partner, a programme designed by Bloomberg to recognise universities that are leaders in experiential learning.
The international focus of the programme attracts students from all around the world, creating a rich learning environment where international experience and practice is shared.
Conducting business profitably across the world requires managers who can respond to the demands of international clients, work in diverse teams, and manage multiple cultural expectations. Our programmes cover the key issues in international business management including the international business environment as well as the importance of strategy, finance, marketing, and organisational behaviour. They provide insight into relevant social, political, legal, and macroeconomic conditions affecting international business and will develop your skills in decision-making, people management, leadership and team working.
Our partnership with Bloomberg
Heriot-Watt University is a named Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner (ELP), a programme designed by Bloomberg to recognise universities that are leaders in experiential learning.
Our partnership with Bloomberg, and the achievement of ELP status, is a mark of our innovative approach to connecting our teaching experience with real-life practical applications. Being a Bloomberg experiential learning partner allows Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh Business School to better integrate industry-leading data, research, news and analytics into our curricula.
The Bloomberg facility at Heriot Watt University is unique in Scotland and enables students from different disciplines of business to better understand different aspects of markets, business behaviours and economic trends. It enables:
- Performance comparison between different companies or industries using: financial reports, company valuations, company news, company portfolios, key changes/trends.
- Supply chain analysis through company’s supply chain relationships that includes suppliers, customers and competitors. This enables managers to refine their supply chain configuration and strategy.
- Market share analysis by providing key industry data, interactive charting and commentary by Bloomberg industry experts. It also provides industry fundamental statistics, market share and other key industry specific metrics (i.e. retailers, airlines, global auto manufacturing, etc.)
- Strategic portfolio analysis through creating portfolios against markets and market positions, allocation of asset and performance attribution analysis.
- Accounting and Financial analysis by providing financial history of companies and indices including current and historical income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, ratio analysis and more.