Our suite of programmes provides opportunities to develop distinctive specialisms which will help you to excel in this diverse industry and its wide variety of sub-sectors.
Our partnership with Bloomberg
Heriot-Watt University is a named Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner (ELP), a programme designed by Bloomberg to recognise universities that are leaders in experiential learning.
Our partnership with Bloomberg, and the achievement of ELP status, is a mark of our innovative approach to connecting our teaching experience with real-life practical applications. Being a Bloomberg experiential learning partner allows Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh Business School to better integrate industry-leading data, research, news and analytics into our curricula.
The Bloomberg facility at Heriot Watt University is unique in Scotland and enables students from different disciplines of business to better understand different aspects of markets, business behaviours and economic trends. It enables:
- Performance comparison between different companies or industries using: financial reports, company valuations, company news, company portfolios, key changes/trends.
- Supply chain analysis through company’s supply chain relationships that includes suppliers, customers and competitors. This enables managers to refine their supply chain configuration and strategy.
- Market share analysis by providing key industry data, interactive charting and commentary by Bloomberg industry experts. It also provides industry fundamental statistics, market share and other key industry specific metrics (i.e. retailers, airlines, global auto manufacturing, etc.)
- Strategic portfolio analysis through creating portfolios against markets and market positions, allocation of asset and performance attribution analysis.
- Accounting and Financial analysis by providing financial history of companies and indices including current and historical income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, ratio analysis and more.
Underpinning our programmes is the work of our globally leading Logistics Research Centre (LRC) which has over 20 years’ experience in research-led teaching. The LRC is at the forefront of logistics research looking at issues that affect the management, integration, reform and impact of logistics activity, particularly from an environmental and sustainability perspective.
All our programmes are certified by globally recognised, prestigious professional accreditation bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (UK) (CILT) and the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
Examples of employers that graduates join include:
DHL, Diageo, BP Chemicals, IKEA, Coca-Cola, Tesco, Argos, Amazon, Scotland Excel, Heineken, Proctor and Gamble, Unilever, Maersk, Gist, Sky, Rolls Royce and BAE Systems