MSc Business Psychology with Human Resource Management
- Full-time, Part-time
- Course type
- Entry date
- January, September
Heriot-Watt University's Masters degree in Business Psychology is the most established of its kind in Europe. In this programme, the MSc's core modules are blended with the expertise of our respected academics from the field of Human Resource Management.
This specialist MSc blends Human Resource Management with Business Psychology, a discipline also known as Occupational Psychology and Organisational Psychology, which equips you with a depth of understanding around the psychological mechanisms that drive positive behaviours and performances in the workplace.
By viewing the workplace through a psychological perspective, and by developing analytical, critical thinking, and reflection skills, you will learn to recognize and improve seemingly intangible aspects of the workplace which, when appropriately managed, can directly improve performance, in areas such as:
- Job satisfaction
- Organisational commitment
- Organisational culture
- Performance and productivity
Business Psychology graduates often build extremely rewarding careers in Human Resource Management within a range of industries. This is why Heriot-Watt has created this specialist programme which blends our world-class teaching in Business Psychology with our expertise in Human Resource Management to create a specialist programme that develops a range of skills which are highly-desirable to employers.
September 2022 entry
The deadline for applications from Scottish and RUK students is 31 August 2022. For EU and overseas applicants, we guarantee to consider applications submitted by 8 August 2022.
Semester 1 courses
- Business Communication
- Coaching Psychology
- Organisational Culture
- Social and Organisational Change
Semester 2 courses
- Research Philosophy and Practice
- Human Resource Management
- Psychology of Leadership
- Research project for Business Psychology
For MSc entry, students will typically have a First or Second Class Honours Degree. Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates for the Certificate if they have a decade of experience in senior roles in business, such as management or other high-level work. We offer individual courses on a Continuing Professional Development basis to candidates without any previous qualifications. Satisfactory completion of the Certificate will make the student in question eligible for entry on to the Diploma, and assuming they are successful, the MSc.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, or your first degree was not taught in English, we’ll need to see evidence of your English language ability. The minimum requirement for English language is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. We offer a range of English language courses to help you meet the English language requirement prior to starting your masters programme:
- 20 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.0 with no skill lower than 4.5)
- 14 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.0 with minimum of 5.0 in writing and no skill lower than 4.5)
- 10 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.0)
- 6 weeks English (for IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.5)
- Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
- Overseas includes applications from European Union countries who do not hold Pre-Settled or Settled status in the UK. Read more about the application process for EU nationals.
Scholarships and bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.
View our full range of postgraduate scholarships.