+44(0) 131 451 3914
Our MSc Business Information Management programme offers a strong and fairly unique combination of practical, analytical and theoretical courses. It will build your expertise and provide comprehensive training across business management and software engineering.
The programme’s emphasis is not on computer programming but on developing relevant analytical and project management skills to ensure you can become an excellent communicator / manager operating between hard-core software developers and business managers.
Students can specialise in areas like e-commerce, online learning and IT project management. The programme studies IT, but does not require students to design programs or write software.
This approach provides our computer science graduates with the best possible prospects for pursing a research, software requirements engineer, business and IT analytics, or IT journalism career.
- MSc: 12 months (full-time), 24 months (part-time)
- PG Diploma: 9 months
The full-time programme starts in September.
Full-time students take 4 courses each semester and must normally take all core courses.
- Database and Information Systems
- Digital and Knowledge Economy
- Information Systems Methodologies
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Masters project and dissertation
- Advanced Interaction Design
- Big Data Management
- Competitive Strategy
- E-Commerce Technology
- Information Technology Master Class
- Organisational Behaviour/Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Statistical Modelling and Analysis
After semester 2 students continue full-time on the MSc project.
Further details are available here
Entry requires a good honours degree in a numerate discipline.
English language requirements
Important: If your first language is not English, or your first degree was not taught in English, we’ll need to see evidence of your English language ability.
The minimum requirement for English language is IELTS 6.5 (with no component under 5.5), we also accept TOEFL (scores of 90 and higher).
We also offer a range of English language courses to help you meet the English language requirement prior to starting your master’s programme:
- 14 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with no more than one skill at 4.5);
- 10 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with minimum of 5.0 in all skills);
- 6 weeks English (for IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.5)
|Scotland / Non-UK EU||£7400||£3700||£925**|
|England / Northern Ireland / Wales||£7400||£3700||£925**|
* If you are unsure which category you fall in to, you should complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess your fees.
** Fee per course (module). Refer to the Course Content to see how many courses comprise the full programme.
Scholarships and bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.
View our full range of postgraduate scholarships.