Student success advisors
University can be a challenge sometimes, so it is always better to share what’s going on and ask questions rather than let things get on top of you.
Nobody knows this better than students who have been through it all themselves, so Heriot-Watt provides an innovative global support service for students: a team of student success advisors, all of whom are recent Heriot-Watt graduates.
The Student Success Advisors can be contacted by email and via the myHWU Student Portal. At present all support is delivered remotely, via email or online meetings through Microsoft Teams, but face-to-face appointments and drop ins will be available as Coronavirus restrictions ease.
Student success advisor activities
Student success advisors are involved in a range of activities including:
- Pre-entry advice and guidance.
- Induction programmes.
- Orientation and welcome activities for students.
- Providing targeted updates and information about news and events on campus relevant to students.
- Advice and guidance to students at all stages of study.
- Working with Schools and other professional services to develop and deliver initiatives and activities which will enhance the student experience and student success.
How the student success advisors can help you
With the benefit of recent experience and successful study at Heriot-Watt, the student success advisors are able to advise students from a position of really knowing what it is like being a student here and can offer advice based on their own experiences. They also have an overview of the other support resources available at Heriot-Watt and can point you in the right direction if you need it.
Contacting a student success advisor
You can book a one-to-one appointment with an advisor through the myHWU Student Portal. Additionally, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment or to ask a question relating to your student experience.
Scottish Borders campus
To arrange an appointment with an advisor or to ask a question relating to your student experience, you can contact Lucinda Nash: L.email@example.com.
- Tuesday: 10am-12pm
- Wednesday: 2pm-4pm
- Thursday: 10am-12pm
Student Support Services - East Wing, Ground Floor
Contact Rebecca Chua:
Contact Mohammed Al-Chalabi:
- Student Success Advisor: Edinburgh Campus
- +44 (0)131 451 4490
- Student Success Advisor: Edinburgh and Scottish Borders campuses
- +44 (0)131 451 8113
- Student Success Advisor: Malaysia Campus
- Student Success Advisor: Dubai Campus