Welcome week and timetable
Induction and enrolment
Welcome Week (1-12 September 2020) is our opportunity to introduce you to the University and help you prepare for your studies. We hope that by the end of the programme you feel as prepared and as confident as you can be about what happens next.
Your participation in Welcome Week is vital. This is your first week at University, so don’t miss it. During Welcome Week you can look forward to taking part in your Welcome Week programme and activities and complete your enrolment to officially become a Heriot-Watt student.
Welcome Week has two important processes called induction and enrolment:
Induction is the organised programme of welcome and introductory activities you will participate in as a new student joining a specific programme of study. Induction is a mandatory element of starting university and all new students are expected to participate.
Your induction will be delivered on Vision, the University’s Virtual Learning Environment. You can find out more about your induction, its content and timetable by logging onto Vision from 24 August 2020. Induction will take place during Welcome Week, Tuesday 1 to Friday 12 September 2020.
Over the two weeks of your induction you will have the opportunity to:
- find out about your programme of study
- meet your fellow students, lecturers and find your way around the University
- find out from current students what Heriot-Watt is really like and have any of your questions answered about what to expect
- find out more about the University’s support services.
Unless you have been advised otherwise, you should complete online enrolment before you arrive on campus. Once you arrive on campus, you will need to complete your enrolment by showing your photographic ID (passport, Identity card, driving licence) and you will be issued with your student card.
The following is your enrolment guide:
- Foundation (September 2020)
- Foundation - Semester 2 entry (September 2020)
- Undergraduate (September 2020)
- Postgraduate - Full time (September 2020)
- Postgraduate - Part time (September 2020)
Welcome week (orientation) timetables
Your Welcome Week timetable are according to your School of study at the following pages:
Malaysia Foundation Programme
- School of Engineering and Physical Sciences (new students)
- School of Engineering and Physical Sciences (returning students)
- School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society (new students)
- School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society (returning students)
- School of Social Sciences and Edinburgh Business School (new students)
- School of Social Sciences and Edinburgh Business School (returning students)
- School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences (new students)
- School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences (returning students)