Before you arrive

There are two things you should do before you arrive on campus in order to make the start of your studies at our Malaysia campus as easy and enjoyable as possible:

  1. Look at our 'prepare' webpages
  2. Enrol online.


These pages are specifically for new students and have information on how to get here and session dates. Take a look around them to help you prepare for your first few days.

If you are an international student, you should also visit our International Student Support Office weppage.

Enrol online

Enrolling online involves updating your personal details, uploading a photograph for your student identity card and selecting your courses prior to your arrival.

After you enrol online, you will have access to your University email and myHWU student portal through which you can access many other services and facilities. Once you arrive on campus you will need to complete your enrolment, which involves an identity check and collecting your student card.

If you have not been given an unconditional offer, you may not be able to enrol online, but you can do this when you arrive on campus.

How to enrol online

You can enrol online using our online enrolment portal.

To find out when you can enrol, see our dates of enrolment page.

Follow the steps below to enrol, and refer to our enrolment guideline for more detail.

For information on the courses you should register for, please download the correct guidance sheet below according to your programme (more guidance sheets will be uploaded nearer the enrolment date):

If there is more than one optional course to select, you may want to listen to the briefing by your school first, during orientation week, before making a decision.


Login by entering your:

  • Heriot-Watt University Person ID (found on any recent correspondence from us, your ID will start with H00……)
  • PIN number (your date of birth, in ddmmyy format)

The first time you login, you will be asked to change your PIN number. Please keep these details safe, as you'll need them the next time you login.

Upload a photograph

Please upload a photograph for your student identity card. This should be a clearly identifiable passport-style photograph taken against a white background. This will save you time when you complete your enrolment on campus.

Enrolment Confirmation letter

Print out the enrolment confirmation letter at the end of online enrolment and bring it along to complete enrolment.

Bring along your original documents

Please bring along your original identity card (IC) or passport, certificates and results or transcripts for verification. Online enrolment cannot be completed without the sighting of your original IC or passport.

Complete enrolment

Your enrolment confirmation letter will be stamped once you have completed enrolment. Once you are enrolled you will have access to the University’s IT systems, facilities and resources.

You will be issued with a student identity card for the duration of your studies at Heriot-Watt University.

A charge equivalent to RM55 will be made for a replacement card in the event of loss or damage. No charge will be levied if an official police report is produced confirming that the card has been stolen.

Document verification

Your original IC or passport, certificates and results or transcripts will be sighted for verification.


For any enquiries, please contact the HWUM Student Service Centre at 

What if I arrive late for orientation?

Inform the Admissions team or your education consultant. Once you arrive, go to the Admissions Office and International Student Support Office (for international students).

What if I make a mistake during online enrolment for example, I selected the wrong courses?
  1. If you have not completed enrolment, inform staff on duty during supported online enrolment in campus or email HWUM SSC at;  
  2. If you have completed enrolment, come to HWUM SSC where advice will be provided accordingly. You may be advised to fill in the add/drop course form.
What if I make a mistake during online enrolment for example, I provided incorrect personal information?
  1. You are able to update or correct some personal information for example your address;
  2. Inform staff on duty during supported online enrolment in campus or email HWUM SSC at
  3. Update your contact details online.
What if I cannot login?

Email Heriot-Watt University Malaysia SSC at

What if I cannot proceed with online enrolment?

Email HWUM SSC at and include screenshot(s).

Can I make tuition fees payment during orientation?

Yes, you can.

How do I know what courses to enrol for?
  1. Refer to guidance sheet.
  2. If there are more than one optional courses offered, you may want to listen to the briefing by school.