What is the Chaplaincy?
The Chaplaincy was built as a 'home-from-home' for students and a place to meet people and make friends.
As well as Church services on Sundays, the Chaplaincy hold many social and cultural events. Don't miss the Tuesday soup lunch or the Wednesday meal during semester. There are also many trips to beautiful parts of Scotland throughout the year.
The Chaplaincy is open to everyone, welcoming those of any religion as well as those with no religious faith. In the Chaplaincy you can:
- Enjoy good food and great company at our social events
- Go on trips to the Scottish countryside for international students
- Check out our lunchtime “Search for the Spiritual” in the chapel
- Just chill in the social area- tea, coffee, microwave available
- Join worship in the Chapel or nearby Muslim Prayer Room
- Play pool, table tennis or table football with friends
- Drop in for a chat about anything – confidentiality assured
- Practise piano or any other musical instrument in our Chapel
Bookings of the Chaplaincy for social events, barbeques, meetings of student societies or for use of the piano can be made through the executive assistant (Ruth) during office hours. Please email Ruth.Duncan@hw.ac.uk or email@example.com.