The Disability Service is here to provide you with advice and guidance, to discuss the support that you require and the steps that we need to take to enable you to access this support. We can also signpost you to other relevant services. We are available to answer your enquiries via email, telephone or to meet you face to face.
If you are a new student please refer to our 'application, selection and admissions' page for further information about accessing help.
If you are a current student and you have, or think that you may have a disability, medical or mental health condition, or a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia which is now beginning to impact on your studies, please contact the Student Advisor.
The services provided by our Student Wellbeing Advisor include:
- assessment of your individual support needs
- advising on alternative examination arrangements
- assistance in finding personal helpers for reading, scribing, tutoring
- initial screening for dyslexia
- arranging for Educational Psychologist assessments
- assessments of technology requirements
- on-going technical support
- arranging study skills support
Information can be made available in alternative formats if required.
Please contact the Student Advisor at G.McLaughlin@hw.ac.uk. Gillian is located on the third floor of the High Mill building in the Student Centre.