Finance, insurance and pensions
efc – eFinancialCareers, as well as jobs, a great source of careers information
The Gateway – Online magazine for students looking at careers in finance
National Careers Service – A comprehensive breakdown of the roles available within financial services
British Bankers Association - Professional association in the banking and financial services industry
Scottish Finance Enterprise - Overview of the sector
Insurance and Pensions
- Actuarial Post - Provides the latest actuarial news and articles across all actuarial sectors, actuary jobs and free monthly digital magazine.
- Careers in Statistics - Careers advice from the Royal Statistical Society.
- CT Past Papers - Useful in preparing for interview case studies and numerical testing for some companies.
- Discover Risk - Identifying risk and creating products that let people get on with their lives has created a huge profession with bags of opportunities for bright young things like you.
- Inside Careers - Career profiles in Actuarial, Insurance and Pensions
- More or Less - Tim Harford presents BBC Radio 4's surprising and refreshing guide to statistics in the news.
The Actuary - magazine that provides news about the industry, a dedicated page for graduates entering the profession, and job vacancies
The Faculty and Institute of Actuaries (IFoA) - information on the role of an actuary, finding a job and work experience, a downloadable brochure about the profession and a directory of actuarial employers
Student Times - a comprehensive guide to actuarial courses and careers
TARGETjobs - graduate career information and vacancies
Insurance Career Guide - information on salary expectations, entry requirements, typical tasks, career progression details and other related useful resources across a range of different roles in insurance.
ACCA - The global body for professional accountants
Accountancy Age - source of sector information
Accountancy Daily – source of sector information