Skype for Business
Microsoft Skype for Business incorporates voice calls, video calls, Instant Messaging, online meetings (up to 250 participants), and screen sharing in one solution.
HWU staff and students can access Skype for Business on the HWU desktop or a personal device.
- Instant messaging (IM), voice call or video call options
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook People makes it easy to contact HWU colleagues
- Quickly check contact availability – presence indicator shows if they are available, in a meeting or away from their desk
- Schedule online meetings for up to 250 participants —even if they don’t have Skype for Business (Skype limits are a up to 25 in a group audio call and up to 10 in a video call)
- Transfer and share files with simple drag and drop
- Hold impromptu video meetings started with the click of a button
- Present and share your screen i.e. PowerPoint presentation, whiteboard or your entire desktop during an online meeting
Platforms: Skype for Business can be used on PCs, tablets, smartphones and Macs (Lync)
Staff and student desktop
On your HWU managed desktop
- Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen
- Select All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013 > Skype for Business 2015
Download a free copy of Office from Office 365 onto your home PC or laptop (Settings>Office 365 Settings>Software).
The Office download includes Skype for Business - see Installing Office 365 ProPlus for Mac or PC for more information.
Use the App on your iPhone/iPad see Lync 2013 for Mobile Clients
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.