Covid-19 contemporary collecting
COVID 19 has brought about a unique period for everyone and Heriot Watt’s Museum and Archive would like to ensure that the University’s challenges and experiences during this time are recorded within the collection in some way. We are looking for your contributions to help us reflect on what is important and what we think people in the future are going to want to know about this time.
If you have any thoughts on what you think should be collected please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your reflections
You can submit your reflections in writing, images, sound or video. We have included a list of questions below to get you started but please use these as a prompt to give you an idea of the kinds of things that you might want to consider.
- Introduce yourself- what is your connection with the University, where do you come from, where do you work?
- How long before the lock down did you become aware of the virus?
- What did you think of the lockdown in Wuhan and what impact did you think it would have on you?
- How far ahead of lockdown did you think it would be inevitable?
- Were you surprised at how the lockdown turned out and why?
- Have you been able to continue to work during lockdown and how has your working life changed during lockdown?
- How has your personal life changed during lockdown and how has the virus affected you personally?
- What do you think the next 6 months will hold for the University and for you personally?
- Do you think things will go back to ‘normal’ or what will the new normal look like?
- Is there anything else that you want to add?
The University Museum and Archive is publicly accessible and it is important that any accounts can be used in the future by researchers and can be published. If you would prefer to remain anonymous please keep this in mind while writing your reflections but staff will still need your contact details, which will remain confidential.
Video and Audio
We are also looking for people to contribute their thoughts on the situation via a video or audio recording.
We can also accept images and drawings, either digitally or, after lockdown, in other ways.
We can accept the following formats:
- MS Word
- PDF, PDF/A
How to Submit
All material can be emailed to email@example.com or, if unable to be emailed due to size, please use WeTransfer or similar.
Intellectual Property Rights
We would prefer your account to be donated to the University and the copyright transferred. Please include your name and contact details and we will send out a form to confirm your wishes with regard to the Intellectual property rights.