Course Terms & Conditions
Confirmation that a short course or event will go ahead is sent to delegates two weeks before the start date. Participants should note that courses will only run with a minimum number of registrations and the University reserves the right to cancel if this number is not reached.
Travel and Accommodation Arrangements:
Travel bookings made prior to receiving confirmation that a short course will proceed, will be at the participants' own risk. Heriot-Watt University will not be held liable for any costs associated with travel or accommodation if a course is cancelled.
Payment can be made through our registration platform or alternatively we can issue an invoice at the time of booking. All fees must be paid, in full, 14 days before the course start date. Payment of an invoice can be made by Bank Transfer.
For late bookings, payments must be made on, or, by the course start date.
- Cancellations made up to 4 weeks prior to the start of a course will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made up to 2 weeks prior to the start of a course will incur a 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the start date will not be refunded.
- Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by letter or email. All telephone cancellations must subsequently be confirmed in writing.
- In the event that a participant cannot attend, course places are transferable.
- In exceptional circumstances, Heriot-Watt University reserves the right to cancel any course at short notice. If a course is cancelled, fees will be transferable or refunded in full.