Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
|Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course||
Edinburgh Business School,
9th - 11th March 2020
Standard ticket: £1,500
HWU Alumni & Current Students: £1,200
Lean Six Sigma provides organisations with a systematic approach to enhance profitability and overall business performance, as well as improving their productivity and customer satisfaction. Any business process can benefit from Lean Six Sigma methodology, when properly applied and sustained. This is relevant to multiple areas of business, including operations, services, manufacturing, design, purchasing and human resources, for example.
This three-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course provides training in the application of analytical tools and the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology to support process management and process improvement initiatives throughout the organisation. In order to gain the Green Belt award, participants are required to complete a continuous improvement project based on LSS tools after completing the course. This is expected to demonstrate a benefit of approxiamtely £30k to your organisation.
Please note: you will require computer access with Minitab software installed to participate in this course.
This three-day course is designed for anyone who wishes to develop their process improvement skills, to improve performance and profitability.
This includes executives and managers in the following areas, for example:
- Quality Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Service
Please note that you are required to have completed the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course before beginning the Green Belt training.
The three-day course includes:
- A systematic approach to enhance profitability and overall business performance, as well as improving their productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Training in the application of analytical tools and the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology to support process management and process improvement initiatives throughout the organisation.
On completion of the Green Belt course, participants will:
- Understand the structured problem-solving methodology for addressing business improvement projects.
- Appreciate the basic and advanced quality/process improvement tools and techniques, including analytical techniques.
- Understand the "do's" and "don'ts" of Lean Six Sigma and the prioritisation of projects.
- Be prepared to successfully complete a Lean Six Sigma project, to demonstrate a benefit of approxiamtely £30k to your organisation.
- On successful completion of the project, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. This will incur a £200 administration fee payavble to Heriot-Watt University.
You can view Helen discussing our Green Belt training course here.
For all enquiries relating to the course content, please contact the Course Leader, Helen Mackenzie on email@example.com.
For all other enquiries please contact the Executive Education Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
"A brilliant Lean Six Sigma green-belt course that gives a user-friendly introduction to statistics - with lots of great real-life examples, particularly for the service industry. You'll feel equipped to deliver a green-belt project and know that there is support if you need it"
“ The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt at Heriot-Watt University is an excellent course. Very comprehensive – the presentation, format, and materials created an engaging learning experience, with real-world context, perspective, and in-depth insights delivered by Professor Jiju Antony. The course was well worth the investment, and will provide you with a robust set of tools, methods and capabilities to solve real business problems, and make drastic improvements in any organisational setting. I would highly recommend Heriot-Watt University’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt programme to today’s professionals. “
"I really enjoyed the Green Belt training, Professor Antony made the course content fun, clear and simple to understand and gave me a lot confidence in the subject area that I can now take back to my companies quality management program."
"The Green Belt training was fantastic. Professor Antony has an engaging style which makes the learning insightful and practical. Going in to the course I thought my fear of numbers would hold me back but Professor Anthony was able to demystify their application to give me the confidence to be a successful Green Belt."