BASP - Biomedical and Astronomical Signal Processing
The research of the BASP group spans Data Science from theory and algorithms to application:
- Theory - inverse problems, sampling, dimensionality reduction, signal recovery, uncertainty quantification.
- Algorithms : deep learning, convex/nonconvex optimisation, Bayesian inference
- Biomedical imaging Applications - magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound imaging, novel imaging modalities, etc.
- Astrophysics - imaging techniques in radio and optical astronomy, data analysis.
BASP comprises postdoctoral researchers and PhD students, affiliated to Heriot-Watt University (HWU) and École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
BASP International Map
BASP Research Group Video
'Leveraging novel sensing techniques and algorithms to advance computational imaging, from astronomy to medicine'
This video highlights the research currently performed in the 'Biomedical and Astronomical Signal Processing' group led by Prof. Wiaux in Edinburgh.
Members and Alumni
Head of Group
Prof. Yves Wiaux, Professor HWU and Academic Guest EPFL
- Dr. Arwa Dabbech, HWU
- Dr. Ming Jiang, EPFL
- Mr. Matthieu Terris, HWU
- Dr. Abdullah Abdulaziz (former PhD student HWU, now postdoc at HWU)
- Dr. Anna Auria (former PhD student EPFL)
- Dr. Adrien Besson (former PhD student EPFL)
- Dr. Jasleen Birdi (former PhD student HWU, now postdoc at KUL Leuven)
- Dr. Rafael Carrillo (former postdoc EPFL)
- Dr. Zhouye Chen, HWU (former postdoc HWU)
- Dr. Alessandro Daducci (former postdoc EPFL, now Assistant Professor U. Verona)
- Dr. Roberto Duarte Coello (former PhD student HWU)
- Dr. Silvia Gazzola (former postdoc HWU, now Assistant Professor U. Bath)
- Dr. Vijay Kartik (former PhD student EPFL)
- Dr. Diana Khabipova (former PhD student EPFL)
- Dr. Valentina Masarotto (former PhD student EPFL, now Assistant Professor U. Leiden)
- Dr. Jason McEwen (former postdoc EPFL, now Associate Professor UCL)
- Dr. Alexandru Onose (former postdoc HWU)
- Dr. Marica Pesce (former PhD student HWU)
- Dr. Gilles Puy (former PhD student EPFL)
- Dr. Audrey Repetti (former postdoc HWU, now Assistant Professor HWU)
- Dr. Pierre-Antoine Thouvenin (former postdoc HWU, now Associate Professor U. Centrale Lille)
Postdoctoral and PhD student positions are regularly available to outstanding researchers in fields broadly related to the group's activities.
For an expression of interest and details on the formal application process, please contact Prof. Wiaux, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV and a short motivation letter.