Policy and public engagement
Working with the government agencies relating to policy and public engagement are both vital to the University's mission to create and exchange knowledge for the benefit of society.
Our research affects and improves everyday life.
- Preventing child poverty - preventing and mitigating child poverty and inequality
- Understanding policy impact - computer programs that enable economists and researchers to analyse the effect of policies that contain complex data.
- Preventing homelessness - a study in proactive, targeting strategies that are being used to prevent homelessness.
- Justice and Deaf Sign Language - a more inclusive legal system for Deaf Sign Language users
- Greater equality for Deaf people - how Heriot-Watt is leading the way in ensuring that Deaf people have equal access to services.