We have a long history of responsible and applied Earth Science and Environmental research. With an an interdisciplinary emphasis, our environmental research extends from the deep-sea through the coastal zone to Antarctic soils and greener logistics.
The impact from our research addresses the most urgent challenges for society and our planet.
- Freight of your life - reducing C02 emissions
- Low-carbon freight - industry benefit from optimisation
- Mitigation of landslide risks - community-based mitigation in informal settlements
- Cracking the mystery of red squirrel decline - mathematician's key role in uncovering
- Scientists aim to restore oyster population - reintroduction to the Dornoch Firth