Mentoring Skills for Researchers - WEBINAR
This session will explore how mentoring skills can be utilised in common research environments and, in particular, for supporting experienced researchers supporting less experienced researchers. This will include elements of manager roles, supervisor roles, as well as other informal support roles.
By the end of the session, delegates will
- Have a clear understanding of mentoring – what it is and how it can benefit others
- Understand the different approaches that a mentor might take with their mentees
- Have clarity on when to use mentoring and when other tools would be more appropriate
- Have an understanding of the basic skills required for effective mentoring conversations
- Have had a chance to practice using the GROW model
The webinar will start at 09.30 (UK), 12.30 (Dubai), 16.30 (Malaysia).