Heriot-Watt University Ethics Briefing - WEBINAR
This workshop has been designed to cover the essential information on ethical responsibilities and specific Heriot-Watt University policy and procedures.
- Defining ethics and acting in an ethical manner
- Relevant National and International Legislation/Policy
- Linking ethics to research
- Key research ethics principles
- Examples of research ethical dilemmas
- Good research ethics practice
The briefings will also cover data protection and GDPR issues including the current hot topics:
- When do I need to complete a data protection impact assessment and how?
- What is data protection by design and how do I apply it to my project?
- Am I processing participants’ data with their consent or in the public interest?
- Pseudonymise or anonymise?