Getting Started: Managing Your Research Data ONLINE
This workshop provides an introduction to managing your research data. This course guides PGR students through core principles and practice in how to manage research data, taking account of our responsibilities and rights under data protection and freedom of information laws.
This is an online workshop. You must be registered on PDMS to be enrolled on the Vision course. You will be enrolled by 11.00 (UK time) on the date shown, and you will have 4 weeks to work through the content in your own time. To be recorded as having attended the workshop you must complete the quiz at the end of the workshop (with score over 60%) by the end of the 4 weeks.
Registration is open to students from all campuses.
The content will be accessible at 11.00 (UK), 15.00 (Dubai) and 19.00 (Malaysia).
In this workshop we will gain an understanding of:
- The basic principles of research data management.
- What practical steps we need to take to protect unique and confidential information.
- The context in which we do research: University and funders' expectations about research data management.
- Legal and ethical issues relating to research data.
- The public interest in research and rights to access research data.
- Good practice in data management and storage.