Elsevier - How to Publish WEBINAR
You’ve completed your research and want to publish your work in a peer-reviewed journal. Are you wondering where to start? Do you know where you find relevant information quick and easy? Do you want to learn how to structure your paper, or what to include in a cover letter? Is the submission and peer-review process a mystery to you and do you know why editors accept (or reject) papers? Do you understand the importance of ethical issues? Perhaps you’ve submitted your work before and are in need of some guidance interpreting and responding to reviewer comments.
Workshop will start at 10.00am (UK), 13.00 (Dubai), 17.00 (Malaysia).
The session will help you:
- Look behind the scenes of scientific publishing
- To have a clear idea of the steps needed to be taken before starting to write a paper
- To understand the logical step sequence for manuscripts
- To choose the right journal to submit your paper to.
- To structure your cover letter.
- To understand how to convert your Phd thesis into a publication
- To understand the available Open Access options
- To have a clear idea about author rights and responsibilities
- Understand sensitive areas such as publishing ethics, plagiarism and duplicate publishing.
- Understand how peer review works and how to respond to feedback
- Understand expectations of publishing at Heriot-Watt University