Developing Your Public Engagement Strategy WEBINAR
Public engagement (PE) is part of the research process; research and engagement go hand in hand, and good research meaningfully informs, consults, or collaborates. Importantly, public engagement isn't only about sharing your results – it is valuable at all the stages of your research. Knowing what your aims are helps you to know who you need to speak to. Asking yourself who you want to reach makes it much easier to decide how to engage them.
This workshop will give you the tolls and advice that you need to you to develop your own PE strategy. Led by Heriot-Watt PE lead, Laura Wicks, there will be contributions from leading Heriot-Watt academics who have led successful PE strategies. Come along and learn from their best practice, hints and tips, to help you develop your own successful PE strategy for your research.
Workshop times: 09:30 – 11:30 (UK), 12:30 – 14:30 (Dubai), 16:30 – 18:30 (Malaysia)
During this workshop participants will be asked to consider:
- Who do you want to reach?
- How do you want to reach them?
- What is the value and impact of your engagement?
You will be learn how to:
- inform people and make your research more accessible
- consult people and explore the ethical and social implications of your research
- collaborate with people and share expertise