Introduction and club history
Whether you are looking to meet some new people, start a new sport at university or find a club with great socials, the ultimate frisbee club has something for you.
Ultimate frisbee is a sport that most people start at university age, so if you've never thrown a frisbee in your life, or if you've been playing for years, come along and check out our club.
Recreational and competitive levels of play are available to all. Ultimate has been running in the Sports Union for several years now, and we are open for any student to come along and try the sport regardless of experience.
Our club charter
We aim to provide the following service to all our members:
- To provide an opportunity for any student to participate in a regular form of ultimate frisbee appropriate to their desire and ability.
- To deliver an annual beginners course for all new persons to the sport.
- To provide an opportunity for members to gain a worthwhile social experience through the sport.
What does a typical season involve?
As well as weekly training sessions, the club participates in competitions and events, and organises social activities. If you are interested to know more, please get in touch using the contact details below.
Training takes place on the academy synthetic or the outdoor synthetic pitch.
- Tuesday 7.30 - 9.30am - experienced (indoor synthetic)
- Wednesday 4.00-5.30pm - beginners (academy synthetic)
- Thursday 7.00 - 8.30pm - beginners and experienced (outdoor synthetic)
- Friday 3.30 - 5.00pm - experienced (outdoor synthetic)
We take part in many beginner and experienced tournaments throughout the year, in men's, women's and mixed divisions both indoors and outdoors. Competitive opportunities are available and encouraged for new players to the sport.
How do I join the club?
Please feel free to come along to the training to have a try, talk to us or send us an email. If you then decide you would like to join, the membership fee is £10 for the year payable at either Oriam Reception or online.
Note: you must be a member of Oriam before you can join the club.
As well as our Facebook and Twitter pages you can keep up with our activities on our Instagram page at http://instagram.com/hwultimate